• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Today in History.....

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 6th November

In 1970, Ethan Hawke, an American actor, writer and director was born in Austin, Texas, USA. "The funny thing about being me," Hawke says, "is I feel like I'm doing so well for never having really been in a big hit movie. The fact that I have made money is a huge surprise."

urlini.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 7th November

In 1977, ninety sets of Swedish identical twins have travelled to Felixstowe for a brief shopping trip. The reason for the trip was to enable researchers from the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm to study the twins behaviour and the links between behaviour and environment.

tumblrmr3d.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 8th November

In 1887, Georgia native Doc Holliday - gunslinger, gambler, and occasional dentist - died from tuberculosis in Glenwood Springs, Colorado, at the age of thirty-six. Holliday, an icon of American folk history, has been immortalized in numerous film and television productions.

m11027.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 9th November

In 1989, The Berlin Wall fell. As the Cold War began to thaw across Eastern Europe, the spokesman for East Berlin’s Communist Party announced a change in his city’s relations with the West. Starting at midnight that day, he said, citizens of the GDR were free to cross the country’s borders. East and West Berliners flocked to the wall, drinking beer and champagne and chanting ''Tor auf!'' (''Open the gate!''). At midnight, they flooded through the checkpoints.

bweye.jpg

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thank you Haiducii for remembering this great day! As I told in the "movie-thread" I've been on that day 2 years old and surely I have overslept this historic event -:) . But I would have been so very happy if I could say: I have been present!

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 10th November

In 1801, the U.S. state of Tennessee outlawed the practice of dueling.

burrhamilt.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 12th November

In 1918, a final action occurs as Germans in Africa under the command of the elusive General Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck encounter British troops in Northern Rhodesia, where news of the Armistice had not reached the Germans.

In memory of all those from all nations who fought in the First World War.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 13th November

In 1985, about 23,000 people are feared dead after an eruption of Nevado del Ruiz volcano in northern Colombia. It was the second most deadly eruption in the 20th century after the 1902 eruption of Mont Pelee on the Caribbean island of Martinique which killed 29,000 people.

65049257ru.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 14th November

In 1907, Astrid Anna Emilia Ericsson, author of many popular books for children, was born in Näs near Vimmerby, Sweden. She is best known for her books about Pippi Longstocking, The Children of Noisy Village and Karlson on the Roof; her books have sold around 145 million copies worldwide and have been translated into over 90 languages.

lindgren19.jpg

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
If I say to somebody in Sweden, that Astrid Anna Emilia Ericsson was born in 1907, then probably 99% won't know what you're talking about.

But if you say Astrid Lindgren, that's something totally else. Astrid Lindgren was / is one of the few swedish figures bigger than ABBA - to use a point of reference we both fully understand!

And my absolute favourite among her many, many books are the series of books about Emil i Lönneberga : "EMIL!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLL!!! Förgrömmade onge!!! EEEEMMIIIILLL!!!"

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
If I say to somebody in Sweden, that Astrid Anna Emilia Ericsson was born in 1907, then probably 99% won't know what you're talking about.

Agree. It sounds weird, but it's true. She took her husband's last name when she got married in 1931.

''In Stockholm, Astrid Lindgren worked as a secretary at the Royal Swedish Automobile Club, where she met her husband, the office manager Sture Lindgren, in 1928.Astrid and Sture Lindgren married in 1931 and in 1934 their daughter Karin Lindgren was born...In 1952 Sture Lindgren died of an internal haemorrhage, aged 53. Astrid Lindgren never remarried.''

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 15th November

In 1994, Czech tennis star Martina Navratilova retired from regular competition, after losing to Gabriela Sabatini in the New York Masters. In 2003 she returned to play doubles matches, teaming up with Leander Paes. On 6 July, 2003 they won the Wimbledon mixed doubles title. Martina's victory at the age of 46 years and 261 days made her the oldest player ever to win a Grand Slam tournament.

martintdt.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 16th November

In 1724, 200,000 Londoners - a third of the city's population - lined the streets to watch the open cart that carried the thief Jack Sheppard, to Tyburn to be hanged.

252885d6cc.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 17th November

In 1970, Douglas C. Engelbart receives the patent for the first computer mouse. Many people think the computer mouse was invented during the 1980's as it then became popular with the Amiga and Atari home computers. But it had been invented much earlier by Dr. Douglas C. Engelbart during the 1960's. Engelbart started working on pointing devices in 1963, his computer mouse was first shown to the public in 1968, although there was no GUI yet and thus most people didn't find it that interesting as a concept. On November 17, 1970, he was granted Patent US3541541 for his pointing device.

inventorof.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 18th November

In 2000, the film world has celebrated the celebrity wedding of the year in New York, as Hollywood leading man Michael Douglas married Welsh actress Catherine Zeta Jones.

f7ed2ceda7.jpg

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 19th November

In 1988, Robin Beck was at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'First Time.' The song was from a TV advertisement for Coca-Cola which session singer Beck had recorded. It made the American a One hit wonder.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
On this day: 20th November

In 2006, Robert Altman, one of the most adventurous and influential American directors of the late 20th century, died in Los Angeles. He was 81. Altman has been nominated for five best-director Oscars (M-A-S-H, Nashville, The Player, Short Cuts and Gosford Park) but has never won. In 2006, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences recognized his body of work with an Academy Honorary Award. ''He was the last great American director in the tradition of John Ford,'' M-A-S-H star Elliot Gould said.

roal.jpg