• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What are you listening to? [YT Clips]

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
James Arthur - Naked

OMG, love this guy...his voice is so powerful and beautiful :heart:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score

Brenda Lee was born Brenda Mae Tarpley on Dec. 11, 1944, in Atlanta. She was the second daughter of Rubin and Grace Tarpley. The youngster showed distinctive vocal talent at age 3, won her first singing contest when she was 5 and was performing regularly on an Atlanta radio station when she was 7. It was at about that time that a TV producer in Augusta, Ga., changed her name to Brenda Lee. In 1953, when she was 9, her father died in a construction accident.

Country singer Red Foley heard Lee when she was around 10 years old and subsequently invited her to appear with him on the popular TV show, Ozark Jubilee. Her popularity and high visibility soon won her guest shots on such popular network programs as The Ed Sullivan Show and The Perry Como Show.

In 1956, Lee signed with Decca Records, where she later united with the legendary producer Owen Bradley, who would oversee most of her hits. She charted her first pop single, "One Step at a Time," in 1957, but it made it only to No. 43. (The song did, however, go to No. 15 on the country rankings.) Though it would take a few years to break in the U.S., her early records sold well in Europe. She toured France in 1959 and has since established herself internationally as one of the most visible and beloved ambassadors of country music.

It wasn't until 1960 when Lee took "Sweet Nothin's" to No. 4 on the pop charts that she made a major impact as a recording artist. Over the next 13 years, she scored two No. 1's ("I'm Sorry" and "I Want to Be Wanted"), four Top 5s and five Top 10s. While its short seasonal nature kept it from ever topping the charts, her "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," recorded in 1958, has become a holiday classic. A spellbinding stage performer, the diminutive (4 feet 11 inches) vocalist was dubbed "Little Miss Dynamite" following the release of her second charted single, "Dynamite," in 1957.

In 1962, during a Jackie Wilson concert at the fairgrounds in Nashville, Lee met her future husband, Charles (Ronnie) Shacklett. They were married on April 24, 1963, while Lee, still in her teens, was at the height of her record chart popularity. In spite of the pressures of show business, her marriage has endured. She and her husband have two daughters, Julie LeAnn (born in 1964) and Jolie Lenee (born in 1969).

Just as her pop presence was waning, Lee struck it big on the country charts. Between 1973 and 1975, she had six consecutive Top 10 hits on Decca's successor label, MCA. She continued to inhabit the country charts through the '80s and '90s with "Tell Me What It's Like," "The Cowgirl and the Dandy" and "Broken Trust" (with the Oak Ridge Boys) all going Top 10.

Apart from performing, Lee is a tireless supporter of the Nashville music community at large and of numerous charitable organizations. She has served on the boards of the Country Music Association and the Recording Academy (the Grammy organization) and has been active with the Kidney Foundation, the American Cancer Society, the Multiple Sclerosis and Cerebral Palsy organizations and the March of Dimes.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Juice Newton

This came up while I was listening to YouTube today. My mom loves Juice. She has all her albums.

Some of my friends think it's really funny that I know all the words to these songs. Hey, when you grow up listening to my mothers music it grows on you. Me and one of my good friends actually did a lip sync contest when we were in the 9th grade to "Queen of Hearts". I played the guitar and he was pretending to be the drummer. We didn't win, or even place, but it was fun.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Ray Stevens

OMG! I finally found the guy who sings this song!!

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Psudo Echo

The lead singer, Brian Canham was very hot! He was only 20/21 at this time. He was born in 1962. I just love his voice.

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
^^ In that particular still shot from the video, the girls don't look all that happy about going to Liverpool, do they? The caption should be "Are we there yet?".

klimt

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

DON ASTON - ABYSS (2017 REMASTERED VERSION)

directed by KLIMT !!

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score

Lyrics

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily
Oh joyfully, playfully watching me
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible
Logical, oh responsible, practical
And they showed me a world where I could be so dependable
Oh clinical, oh intellectual, cynical

There are times when all the world's asleep
The questions run too deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please, please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am

I said, watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical
Liberal, oh fanatical, criminal
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're Acceptable
Respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!
Oh, take it take it yeah

But at night, when all the world's asleep
The questions run so deep
For such a simple man
Won't you please tell me what we've learned
I know it sounds absurd
Please tell me who I am, who I am, who I am, who I am
'Cause I was feeling so logical
D-d-digital
One, two, three, five
Oh, oh, oh, oh
It's getting unbelievable

Last edited:

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
The Bee Gees - Spirits Having Flown

The (almost) title song is possibly the best song they ever did.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score

Lyrics

I've got a gal she lives up the holler
Ho-de hum a doodle-em day
She won't come and I ain't gonna foller

Chickens crowin' on Sourwood Mountain

The big girl a court an the little girl slight you
Big dog'll hunt an little dog'll bite you

Ol' man Ol' man I want your daughter
What d'ya want her fer?
To bake my bread an to carry my water

Get your horse and put her up behind you
Take her home and whup her til she minds you

Ho hum a doodle-em day

I've got a girl she lives up the holler
She's so fat she can't hardly waller

My father would sing Sourwood Mountain to me as a child while he bounced me on his knee. It is one of my favorite memories of him. Frank Proffit's version is the one he would sing. "Ho-de hum a doodle-em day"...

Last edited:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score

Last edited:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score

I love the bird as a back-up vocal

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Wilson Phillips - Hold On

Something about this song that I just love every time I hear it.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Soft Cell - Tainted Love (Extended Version)

This is one of those songs you can't help but crank up when it plays.

RazzmaTazz

Be Fucking Nice
Reaction score
Screwed - Paris Hilton (Alex Gaudino Remix)

Yes, my friends do think its funny that I like Paris Hilton as a singer. I've even converted a few.