• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What book do you read recently?

waplo

Reaction score
The Party by Elizabeth Day; only halfway, but what happened between those two guys?

Hyp

Director of Mergers & Acquisitions
Reaction score
just started reading this...

book.jpg

gvd_rm

Donator
Reaction score
Enjoyed reading with Saeed Jones' new book book "How We Fight For Our Lives" well worth a read and easy to read!

tomcat34

Reaction score
When Angels Wept: A What-If History of the Cuban Missile Crisis by Eric G. Swedin

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Surrounded by idiots by Thomas Erikson

cov400.jpg

Some seriously state that they're surrounded by idiots. Some, funnily enough, state this more often than others. And certainly we could find many different types of problem to get along.

The author Thomas Erikson describes one of the worlds most used methods to sort out the differences in human communication. It is a method coming from the famous DISA profiles, that use a color scheme of red, yellow, green and blue as a base to describe different behaviour and personalities.

It is written with lots of humor and gives the reader a steady guidance which makes the book very practical. The focus is on usability and the methods described works every time you meet another person.

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
cov400.jpg

Some seriously state that they're surrounded by idiots. Some, funnily enough, state this more often than others. And certainly we could find many different types of problem to get along.

The author Thomas Erikson describes one of the worlds most used methods to sort out the differences in human communication. It is a method coming from the famous DISA profiles, that use a color scheme of red, yellow, green and blue as a base to describe different behaviour and personalities.

It is written with lots of humor and gives the reader a steady guidance which makes the book very practical. The focus is on usability and the methods described works every time you meet another person.

Looks very interesting but I am wary of such simplifications. IT can be a little dangerous to imagine that but reading one novel (a warning sign is usually that it is a quite easy/casual read) you can all of a sudden understand those around you.

I have read such books and theories before and they are useful provide you take them with a pinch of salt and recognise that they tell you 1% and omit 99%. In the past I have (pre)judged people using such 'handy' theories and end up regretting it later. Psychology is supposed to be understanding and sympathetic but at the same time, can be quite a cynical and limited art.

geetee

Reaction score
Jackson Lamb series by Mick Herron. British spy novels but not the usual.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Looks very interesting but I am wary of such simplifications. IT can be a little dangerous to imagine that but reading one novel (a warning sign is usually that it is a quite easy/casual read) you can all of a sudden understand those around you.

I do NOT imagine that...

I have a passion for psychology and I like reading such books.

Reading is the key to getting smarter ;)

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
I do NOT imagine that...

I have a passion for psychology and I like reading such books.

Reading is the key to getting smarter ;)

Sure, and as you imply keeping your mind open to competing theories is critical. Don't put too much stock into any one theory/system.

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
The Madness of Crowds: Gender, Race and Identity
by Douglas Murray.

A must-read.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Mr Murray is certainly impressed by his own intelligence and the holes in his arguments are skillfully darned, but is he the new Christopher Hitchens like wot he thinks he is?. Lets see if he still as perfectly eloquent after 20 Bensons and a bottle of scotch, that's the test of whether he is fit to wear Hitch's crown.

anarren

Reaction score
"Red, White, and Royal Blue" - it's a fun beach read...gay political romance/soap opera type thing.

larryisreal

I believe!
Staff member
Reaction score
"Red, White, and Royal Blue" - it's a fun beach read...gay political romance/soap opera type thing.

It's on my To-Buy-List.

Unfortunately everything I buy ends up on the To-Read-Stack and that only keeps growing. An Abundance Of Katherines is on there for 3 years now... The Lady In The Van as well. *sigh*

tomcat34

Reaction score
Strange Victory: Hitler's Conquest of France by Ernest R. May

larryisreal

I believe!
Staff member
Reaction score
I actually read The Lady in the Van by Alan Bennett.
I think next is either Beren and Luthien or An Abundance of Katherines.

Flit

Reaction score
'The Devil All The Time' donald ray Pollock and 'The Infernal Machine" Jean Cocteau

Lock

Reaction score
100 myths about mexican history - Francisco Martin Moreno

mbp5

Reaction score
Beethoven: The Man Revealed John Suchet

Beethoven: The Man Revealed, John Suchet. Would definitely recommend to anyone interested in Beethoven and his music. Learned some interesting facts about him that I wasn't aware of... Funny enough, I've always liked Beethoven. I play his music on the piano... Had the book for 5 years (a birthday gift) before reading it, and after reading I couldn't believe why I waited so long. Such a great read!