• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classic Cars

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score

This is ours now. 1958 Metropolitan. My sweetheart has always wanted one. All I have to do is keep it running. It is simple to repair, I'm so lucky he was not a DS fan.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Really sparkling ! :thumbs up:
I got some informations about the Nash Metropolitan, American car made in England at Austin manufactory near from Birmingham, powered by one Austin A 40 engine. No problem for the spare parts, I presume. Nash are more current in USA or in UK than in Europe.
Sorry, these documents are in French.

We recognize the particular look of the Nash, small American constructor.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
That's right, spare parts are not a problem. Most of them are also used in a lot of other cars of the era. There are owners clubs who know how to find these things.
What is amazing is the way other people's attitude changes when you drive something like this. Instead of 'I was here first, get out of my fucking way' they become friendly and patient. Much faster acting than Prozac.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Unhappily some oldies have not the sweet appearence of the Metropolitan... ;)

Cadillac Series 61 Coupé VS Citroën Traction 15/6
(photos by Dingo)

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
X cars generation, a range of smaller models presented by General Motors
Front wheels drive, transversal V6 engines (even 4 aligned cylinders for the downscale), 5th door at the rear, the first American constructor was clearly inspired by some European firms. After the first oil crisis, the end of the enormous V8 saloons seem close. At this time, everybody was frightened of a petroleum shortage.

During a short time, downscale models from GM were the competitors of upperclass French cars like this Renault 30 TX. Quickly, after the Iranian crisis, American drivers came back to bigger models but the GM technology, front wheels drive and transversal engines, will remain.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
"At this time, everybody was frightened of a petroleum shortage."
How history repeats itself, at least 'round my way. Dig out your old eight track tapes, they might come back into fashion again too.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
How history repeats itself, at least 'round my way. Dig out your old eight track tapes, they might come back into fashion again too.

Indeed, history repeats itself. X cars adventure of General Motors remind me of the Ford Vedette story, too small for Americans and too big for Europeans (especially French people). After war, Ford USA thinked that drivers would need some smaller cars and it was exactly the opposite that happened! Then the model was sold to Ford France named Ford SAF. It was a marketing failure because of the V8 motor gas consumption.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Panhard in movies

"Ca n'empêche pas les sentiments" - 1998
I remember when I saw this poster. It must be certainly a Panhard inside and I have to see that, I thinked. I was not disappointed, a 17 break with an enormous bottle of wine on the roof ! :eek:

The break found some years later in a ... break, too bad ! :(

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Alpine in movies

Arrested by 2 policemen in Alpine Berlinette, hold-up money is in the trunk of the Fiat 1800. X_X

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Jaguar Type E that get longer from the movie "Le Petit Baigneur" (1968)

Louis de Funes seems to control the crazy tractor. Unfortunately, two minuts later, the ride is ending in a pond. Then he jumps to the wheel of his Jaguar Type E for pulling the vehicle out of the water...

The transformation was made by the bodyworker Pichon-Parat

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Toward a motorshow of precious gas, already in 1974!

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Among other devices, the "econoscope" assembled by Talbot for saving some liters of the precious gas.

Lights on the left of the hand : all is OK. :thumbs up:
Lights on the right of the hand : excessive consumption. :no:
Never connected on the Horizon of my father because he could not tolerate the lights on/off full time at the dashboard !

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Economies would be possible if people really wanted to do it.

With Vera, Peugeot reduced of 35% the consumption without changing appearence and performance of the 305. He worked around aerodynamics, mechanical and various lightenings. This prototype hides the mechanical of the future 205.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Some cars modified by Pichon-Parat (Sens - France)

Jaguar Type E for the movie "Le petit baigneur" seen above

Citroën ID 19 coach GT 1965

Some years before the Jaguar, Pichon-Parat had already made a car for the director Robert Dhery. It was a model derived from the Oldsmobile 98 (or 88) redesigned by Raymond Loewy. The movie, called "La Belle Americaine", was as funny as "Le petit Baigneur". (1961) :thumbs up:

Last edited: