• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Corona Virus - Self Isolation

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well I've been surfing YTube looking for distracting vids to take my mind of things....

Pt 1

:rofl::rofl::rofl::eek:

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score

Olivia Coleman - potty mouth!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
I've been trying to find some distracting tunes to take my mind of the situation too.....

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
The Coronavirus Anthem

If it’s any consolation, Lee’s eternally cool version of this jazzy, noir-inflected classic would have outlived all of us anyway. ;)

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
One upside is that much production of routine crap TV (soaps/celebrity/reality shite etc) has been halted due to Covid19 so the TV channels will have to show something else and as they realise we are all stuck in at home they might decide it's their job to help with the isolation-frustration and cheer us all up by showing some quality programmes .... maybe, just maybe, we will have "Monday night is classic Movies night" or "Tuesday night for Terrific comedy" "Weepies on Wednesday" "Fright-night Friday" " Scandi-noir Sunday" or other themes …… ok maybe not - they will probably just repeat "z-list celebrity dancing on ice" etc

I have a feeling they will start to show celebs webcasting from their celeb homes, pouting into the screen and bitching about who has the best plastic surgeon.

Or something like that.

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
My theory is that this is all a plot by our pets to get us to spend more time with them. My dog is loving the extra walks and snoozing under my desk while I work.

What a little dote.:thumbs up:

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
My theory is that this is all a plot by our pets to get us to spend more time with them. My dog is loving the extra walks and snoozing under my desk while I work.

I've seen that dog before somewhere.
Ah yes, it's the advert for Black and White whisky. Absolutely gorgeous and the scotch is damn fine too.

Jase

Reaction score
I've never seen anything quite like this coronavirus. Luckily, my place of employment took things serious and quickly setup for all of us to take a equipment and work from home until this is over.

Also, since the people of the city I work in treated this "social distancing" situation like a summer vacation and filled up parks, malls, and movie theaters spreading it even faster our Mayor had to get on the news and verbally scolding everyone before shutting down all non-essential businesses and putting us on a city lockdown.

We are not allowed to have any social gatherings and leave the house to go work (essential), grocery shop, pharmacy, or visit the doctor. He did allow some restaurants to stay open in a carry-out/delivery capacity but you cannot dine in and almost every grocery reduced their hours dramatically.

I regret not getting my haircut trimmed within the last 2 weeks too. I guess it's a good thing I'm working from home, lol.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hi Jase,

all what you are telling us is the same here in Berlin. Slowly but steady you can see more and more police on the special places and parks in the city where young people usually will meet. In the last days we have had here wonderful and very mild days with pure sunshine, so many of young people were out in the parks. Totally forbidden now! It is not allowed to sit on a bench in the parks - forbidden too if you are totally alone there (can you give me a logical reason?).

Just today I've read in my daily paper that some constitutional experts are warning that the civic rights more and more will be restricted and that without the parliament.

So I hope so much we will overcome this horrible time and that our democracy will be strong enough to overcome this too.

Last edited:

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
For me this is easy to adapt to, I'm not worried for myself. But I am for others.
For anyone who remembers what passed for life in the days of the GDR for example, today must feel especialy threatening. The permanent fear, of the police, of being watched, of people reporting you to the authorities. All that was supposed to be swept away for ever by reunification but here we go again. In the mid eighties the HIV crisis created so much fear that some lives were lost not through the virus itself but through suicide. What does scare me is the damage to mental health that we are about to see. There will never be a vaccine that protects the human mind.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score

another episode...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
For me this is easy to adapt to, I'm not worried for myself. But I am for others.
For anyone who remembers what passed for life in the days of the GDR for example, today must feel especialy threatening. The permanent fear, of the police, of being watched, of people reporting you to the authorities. All that was supposed to be swept away for ever by reunification but here we go again. In the mid eighties the HIV crisis created so much fear that some lives were lost not through the virus itself but through suicide. What does scare me is the damage to mental health that we are about to see. There will never be a vaccine that protects the human mind.

Dargelos your words are close to my heart. We all know what happened in the former GDR or earlier in the 3rd Reich. And today politicians are calling again for an Anabling Act (like Hitler in 1933). Once bitten, twice shy! Others say: well it was very easy to make this shutdown, why we don't do the same later with the cars. For a better environment we could for perhaps 6 months forbidden to drive cars - and than after this time ..... forever?!
I'm very, very mistrustful to these people. Do we really know the total truth about all these things which will just now happen to us?

Well, perhaps I'm more than mistrustful - but better more than not at all! Or do you think I'll react overstated? But let me tell you a little story about the honesty of the politicians. In 1902 launched Reichskanzler Bismarck the tax for sparkling vine. This tax should be only for the structure of the Imperial Navy. Well - so far so good. Today we have no Imperial Navy but we have always the tax for sparkling vine! That's what I want to say - what once is prescribed by the Government very seldom will be withdrawn.

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
I think this crisis has burst the bubble that is the idea that progress is inevitable. It takes so little for our systems to buckle. Really we live from moment to moment.

There will be big implications for globalisation, Countries are going to want the ability to manufacture key goods by themselves and not rely on e.g. China.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Dear Mardo, living in the moment is the only way. I would not be here today if I had not learnt to live in the moment. No one can teach it to you, you have to teach yourself.

Dear Shelter, restrictions on drinking sparkling wine or driving big cars are an annoyance but they are not infringing your human rights. Having to justify to a policeman the reasons why you are not at your home address is infringing them. It makes criminals of us all.

mmarty

Reaction score
This Corona Virus takes me right back to 1983. My younger brother was sick and he was in and out of the hospital several times. They could not figure out what was wrong with him and the final diagnosis was AIDS. He was only 19 years and and they sent him back to my parents home. He was one of the first to die, and they knew hardly anything about this AIDS disease. Everyone was so scared to visit so he had no visitors. I never even had a chance to say goodbye or tell him that I loved him.