• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

German Food Items for Sibling Reunion

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hey buddies - especially my German buddies:)

I'm hosting a reunion with my brother and sisters this year and we decided (since we couldn't do it until October) to have an Octoberfest theme in honor of our German grandmother. I need some ideas of good (or not so good) German food items I can order online and use for prizes for a trivia game we play. They should be uniquely German but good or weird for some particular reason. I've gotten a few ideas from youtube but thought I could get some here too....SO SHELTER and TRENCHERMAN - go to work!:cheers:

peace and thanks for the input,
g

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hello Garth33 - your wish is my command! -:)

Now here are some typical German food items:

1. Bayrische Weisswurst - Bavaria Weisswurst or veal sausage
2. Schwarzbrot - black bread
3. Brezeln - pretzels
4. Sauerkraut - pickled cabbage
5. Würstchen - sausages
6. Spreewaldgurken - Spreewald gherkins
7. Nürnberger Lebkuchen - Nuremberg gingerbread
8. Leberwurst - liverwurst
9. Knödel - dumplings
10. Schwarzwälder Schinken - Black Forest Ham
11. Vollkornbrot - granary bread
12. Kieler Sprotten Kiel sprats
13. Frankenwein - Franconian wine
14. Weizenbier - Wheat beer
and the best at the end:
15. Berliner Weisse mit Schuss - lager with a shot of raspberry or woodruff syrup.

I hope you will have a great and wonderful reunion with your siblings to honor your German grandma. I hope you will find all what you need and let us know how it was!

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
^ #2 and #10 go well together. Mhmm... Delicious! :pP

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well sure we all would enjoy a tasty german sausage between our lips;););) but what about for after.....

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well sure we all would enjoy a tasty german sausage between our lips;););) but what about for after.....

Slimjim I would really like to present you a juicy "German Sausage"! :blushing:p:p

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hello Garth33 - your wish is my command! -:)

Now here are some typical German food items:

1. Bayrische Weisswurst - Bavaria Weisswurst or veal sausage
2. Schwarzbrot - black bread
3. Brezeln - pretzels
4. Sauerkraut - pickled cabbage
5. Würstchen - sausages
6. Spreewaldgurken - Spreewald gherkins
7. Nürnberger Lebkuchen - Nuremberg gingerbread
8. Leberwurst - liverwurst
9. Knödel - dumplings
10. Schwarzwälder Schinken - Black Forest Ham
11. Vollkornbrot - granary bread
12. Kieler Sprotten Kiel sprats
13. Frankenwein - Franconian wine
14. Weizenbier - Wheat beer
and the best at the end:
15. Berliner Weisse mit Schuss - lager with a shot of raspberry or woodruff syrup.

I hope you will have a great and wonderful reunion with your siblings to honor your German grandma. I hope you will find all what you need and let us know how it was!

Excellent thanks! I RUN screaming like a little girl from liverwurst but everything else sounds excellent. We have a great locally owned meat shop that makes several varieties of german sausage - not sure if they do the Weisswurst but I'll ask.

I'm also seeking suggestions for snack or dessert items I could buy online - I wrote down a few I saw...are you familiar with these? (or have other suggestions)

Schoko Kusse (i might be butchering spelling here)
Hanuta?
Bifi (which appears to be an uncircumcised snack sausage - interesting;))
Currywurst Crisps?

Thanks again for the help!:big hug:

g

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
This is part 1 (of 3) from YTube "german snacks and candy "

trencherman

Reaction score
I stand aside to Shelter's expertise but

the mere mention of German food makes my mouth water and think of at least two clichés of the German table:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Trencherman - you are great!
The first is called GEGRILLTE SCHWEINSHAXE (grilled pork hock) but here on the pic I'm missing the SAUERKRAUT which is a MUST for this. And after the meal an OBSTLER (fruit schnaps)!!! Which will be medicine for your stomach.

And as a good dessert - these delicious SCHWARZWÄLDER KIRSCHTORTE (Black forest cake).

But SCHWEINSHAXE is a dish for the cold time of the year - but very delicious and that together with a good drafted beer. O M G!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
I RUN screaming like a little girl from liverwurst -:)

please tell me why??? I think it is something very delicious! -:)

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
I RUN screaming like a little girl from liverwurst -:)

please tell me why??? I think it is something very delicious! -:)

Just can't do it - with liverwurst it's mostly a texture thing but growing up we ate a LOT of wild game (my parents were avid hunters and fishermen) including a lot of deer. We also didn't let anything go to waste so we had to eat deer liver which (if you've never had it) might be the WORST POISON FILTER MEAT on the planet.:eek:

The WURST thing was the time my mom decided to try to "hide" deer liver by grinding it down to hamburger and making LIVERBURGERS for dinner. You couldn't fool my brother and I! They were dry and horrible and the smell of them cooking was enough to send us running.

So you can see I was traumatized as a child to anything associated with liver. I might be missing something with liverwurst but I think NOT!

There you go - probably more than you wanted to know.;)

peace,
g

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
This is part 1 (of 3) from YTube "german snacks and candy "

Yeah this is one of the videos I watched - they're pretty funny. Thanks Jimmy! You always come through for mep:p

peace
g

trencherman

Reaction score
Just can't do it - with liverwurst it's mostly a texture thing but growing up we ate a LOT of wild game (my parents were avid hunters and fishermen) including a lot of deer. We also didn't let anything go to waste so we had to eat deer liver which (if you've never had it) might be the WORST POISON FILTER MEAT on the planet.:eek:

The WURST thing was the time my mom decided to try to "hide" deer liver by grinding it down to hamburger and making LIVERBURGERS for dinner. You couldn't fool my brother and I! They were dry and horrible and the smell of them cooking was enough to send us running.

So you can see I was traumatized as a child to anything associated with liver. I might be missing something with liverwurst but I think NOT!

There you go - probably more than you wanted to know.;)

peace,
g

I was having breakfast at a Jewish joint in Montreal some years ago and the family with little kids at the next table was being recited the menu by the waiter. They must know it’s love/hate with kids and liver. He spelled it out, l i v e r, as if they wouldn’t know what was being foisted on them.

As a young man starting out in Calgary, I shared an apartment with two other fellows who found out soon that I knew my way around the kitchen so the task was left to me. My signature dish was braised cut up chicken in thick brown gravy from the liver that had been slow cooked long till it disintegrated into the sauce. They asked for it every time we shopped which was twice a month and every time we picked up the chicken it annoyed and made me wonder why the liver would be located at the other end of the store. It was at the end of one year when I found out why. We were picking the chicken liver from the frozen pet food section.

Last edited:
T

tiogilito

I have had some mean venison in Germany. It was like a delicious stew, served with a stewed pear and cranberries, and with a sort of noodle called "spaetzle" ...

There was also a very good salad made from cabbage... I think it had caraway seeds in it.

There is also a type of roast from beef (sometimes horse, I think) that has been mildly pickled before cooking, with is delicious. It comes with potato dumplings and a spicy red cabbage.....

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
I have had some mean venison in Germany. It was like a delicious stew, served with a stewed pear and cranberries, and with a sort of noodle called "spaetzle" ...

There was also a very good salad made from cabbage... I think it had caraway seeds in it.

There is also a type of roast from beef (sometimes horse, I think) that has been mildly pickled before cooking, with is delicious. It comes with potato dumplings and a spicy red cabbage.....

If you mean goulash from the deer with spaetzle (here with potatoe dumplings and red cabbage.

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong - I love venison! Nothing better than simple venison chops floured and fried in butter but a nasty old buck deer liver....UUUGGGGHHHHH!!!! My hangup...life goes on

Another question for you Shelt....what's Kuemmerling? Sounded more medicinal than culinary but I was intrigued. Do you know what that is? What about Super Dickmans? I thought maybe that was your superhero name:)

peace,
g

trencherman

Reaction score
The first and last time I ate boar was also in Germany, my two bosses and I were attending a certain year’s Glass Show in Frankfurt, it was the Hilton’s dining room special so we were game. It was delicious. All three of us hobbled with gout the following morning though. Needless to say, we skipped the first day of the show since it involved a lot of walking.

Last edited: