• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Microsoft's New OS System Windows 10

So what do you think about Microsoft's new OS Windows 10?

• Love It / Planning to upgrade from Win 7 or 8.1 once notified of download avaliable

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Hate It / Don't like it - To differcult to use

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Happy with my existing OS System Win 7, 8.1 or Mac OSX

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Don't Plan on Upgrading Windows anytime soon

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score
Windows 10 Free Upgrade Available in 190 Countries from Yesterday

When we first unveiled Windows 10 in September, we outlined our plans for a new era of Windows. We wanted to create a Windows that empowered people and organizations to do great things. Our vision was one platform, one store, and one experience that extends across the broadest range of devices from the smallest screens to the largest screens to no screens at all.

For Microsoft, Windows 10 begins to deliver on our vision for more personal computing. In this world experiences are mobile, moving with you seamlessly and easily across your devices. Interacting with technology is as natural as interacting with people – using voice, pen, gestures and even gaze for the right interaction, in the right way, at the right time. And in our connected and transparent world, we respect your privacy and help protect your information.

From the beginning, Windows 10 has been unique – built with feedback from five million Windows Insiders, delivered as a service with ongoing innovations and security updates, and offered as a free upgrade* to genuine Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 customers.

Over the months we’ve demonstrated how Windows 10 delivers new capabilities to PCs, tablets, phones, and Raspberry Pi, with innovations like Microsoft Edge, Cortana, Continuum and Windows Hello, and how entirely new categories of devices like Hololens and Surface Hub, will be enabled with Windows 1

Windows 10: The Best Windows Ever

As we begin to roll out Windows 10 to the world, we want to empower our customers to do great things. We will deliver this in four key ways:

1) First and foremost, we made Windows 10 fast and familiar:

With the familiar Start menu, Taskbar, and Desktop you’re already an expert and Live Tiles provide streaming updates of what matters most to you, instantly.

8 - Start

Windows 10 is designed to be compatible with the hardware, software and peripherals you already own.
Free updates help keep you current on features and security updates.
With OneDrive online storage, you can easily share and keep your files up to date across all your devices, simply.

2) In a world of cyber threats, Windows 10 is the most secure Windows ever:

Offering enhanced Windows Defender and Smart Screen to help safeguard against viruses, malware and phishing.
Windows Hello** greets you by name, providing a fast, secured, password-free way to log in.

16 - Windows Hello

3) Aligned with our more personal computing vision, Windows 10 is more personal and more productive:

Voice, Pen and Gesture input allow you to more naturally interact with your PC.
Windows 10 is designed to run Office and Skype perfectly to increase your productivity. New Office Mobile apps on Windows 10 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote – are available today in the Windows Store. Built for on-the-go scenarios, the Office Mobile apps offer a consistent, touch-first experience for small tablets. Full featured OneNote comes installed with Windows 10 for your digital note-taking needs. The upcoming release of Office desktop apps (Office 2016) will offer the richest feature set for professional content creation, designed for the precision of a keyboard and mouse.
Cortana*** is your personal digital assistant making it easy to find the right information at the right time.

15 - Cortana

You can easily switch between apps and stay organized with Snap and Task View.
Continuum optimizes your apps and experience beautifully across touch and desktop modes.

4) Finally, only Windows 10 can offer innovative experiences and new devices:

New Microsoft Edge browser allows you to quickly browse, read, and even mark up and share the web.

14 - Microsoft Edge

The integrated Xbox App delivers the Xbox experience to Windows 10, bringing together your friends, games, and accomplishments across Xbox One and Windows 10 devices.
The Companion Phone app lets you set up your iPhone, Android or Windows phone to work seamlessly with your Windows device.
Windows powers the most innovative devices today and tomorrow – from phones to tablets to PCs to HoloLens.
Built-in apps including Photos, Maps, Microsoft’s new music app Groove, and Movies & TV, offer entertainment and productivity options.

News Source

You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thanks no. I will stick to Win 7. ;)

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thanks no. I will stick to Win 7. ;)

Aww that's alright haiducii:heart: you're always welcome anytime and thanks for letting me know that, alright then, may i ask why you won't upgrade to Win 10?

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
The truth is Windows 7 is a great OS, and it will take something very special to beat it. Is Windows 10 that OS? A lot of Windows 7 users will say no. For W7 users, 10 is a downgrade.

This is why I will NOT upgrade:

- According to Microsoft, "some printers and other hardware might not work, and some software might not install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs.

- We know that Microsoft will have the standard ten year support...but what happens when a new milestone build is released (Windows 10.1, for example)?

- Too much mobile influence

- Built-in apps are worthless on a desktop

- The XAML start menu

- etc...

MS believes most of their customers are idiots. Many homeusers will regret the upgrade. Many of them know almost nothing about Win 10.

Cute Prince101

Super Vip
Reaction score
The truth is Windows 7 is a great OS, and it will take something very special to beat it. Is Windows 10 that OS? A lot of Windows 7 users will say no. For W7 users, 10 is a downgrade.

This is why I will NOT upgrade:

- According to Microsoft, "some printers and other hardware might not work, and some software might not install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs.

- We know that Microsoft will have the standard ten year support...but what happens when a new milestone build is released (Windows 10.1, for example)?

- Too much mobile influence

- Built-in apps are worthless on a desktop

- The XAML start menu

- etc...

MS believes most of their customers are idiots. Many homeusers will regret the upgrade. Many of them know almost nothing about Win 10.

Aww thanks haiducii:heart: for explaining to me in detail on why you deciding to not upgrade yet, alright then i see what you mean and yes i know that Windows 7 is a great OS like Win XP was my friend, i used to have it but recently upgraded it, I'm just giving it a go and see how my experience is with it.

& yes I'm aware that some devices and apps won't work, the hardware and software manufacturers are currently working on updating there drivers to support the new OS, but since i upgraded to Win 10, i haven't had any issues with my antivirus and Photoshop softwares, only the app store isn't working, probably there's a problem with Microsoft's servers atm.

& yes i agree with you on that, Microsoft sure is making there OS system more mobile influence, they should create a separate version edition only for Tablets PCs and Mobiles instead of combining it into 1 system for all, the one thing i don't like about Windows 10 is the tiles on the start menu, hate those, well i don't need to worry about that cause I'm using ClassicShell app with a Windows 7 style menu instead which will remove those tiles.

Here is a sceeenshot i took of it live in action :)

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thanks for your review, and sharing your experiences with us ;)

btw, has anyone noticed that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware stopped working on Win 10!?

mbamwiycy.jpg

Last edited:

DBOL777

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have Windows 7 and when the malwarebyte updated yesterday it no longer recognizes the license I have and they say to contact Cleverbridge but they can only help if you bought online thru them...I bought a box version with lifetime license fromAmazon...I emailed the company and got a response saying they got my email but are swamped with issues now

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
On the whole it looks like Microsoft is sticking to it's hit, miss, hit, miss record.

windows ME - MISS, Windows XP - hit (from SP2 on), Windows Vista - MISS, Windows 7 - hit, Windows 8 - MISS, Windows 10 - hit!

One nasty gotcha lurking in here is a "feature" Microsoft use to share your home wifi with your 'friends' on social media. My advice would be to find the relevant section of your settings, and disable it!

There is nothing here that would lure me away from my Mac, but, I can see that it's a nice upgrade for Windows users.

B.

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'll wait a little while, and then upgrade from 8.1

c750dt

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
Plan to try it when I get a newer computer. Unrelated note, within a two week time span, I had my battery pack up, AC adapter start acting up AND clicking the button to upgrade Windows gets me a box saying my CPU isn't supported so maybe it's time to replace this thing.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Don't fall for it. Windows 10 is really Skynet!

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'll wait until I've read more feedback from actual users' experience with it. It looks quite interesting though. But I rather seeking advices from users than buying on their corporate bullshit.

If it helps, two colleagues in work have been using the betas for the past few months, and both are really happy with it. I trust both of their opinions, because both have been very critical of Windows 8.

B.

turkeyboy

Reaction score
My thoughts and maybe previously said:
- Many devices will/may not work. Eg: I have a color laser printer that I was having difficulty with finding device drivers for Win 7, yet, I was able to find substitute drivers with much difficulty, only Win Vista saved me. How many other devices that people have that will not work, eg all external devices, whatever they may be ?? They will then realise their non-operation only when they upgrade, then find out the hard way !
- As with all "immediate Beta Releases", I'm sure their are a lot of "bugs", eg, the Non-working of Malware Bits Pro, which I use. This will flow through to other software aswell no doubt. Will this flow through to other software packages as well.... I'm sure no doubt it will.
- Importantly, I personally am concerned of it's "tracking" nature. Heaven only knows what they build into it now !!!! I don't want to be in this "Big Brother" scenario.

With all OS upgrade I have previously found that it certainly does affect any external devices, printers, external drives, etc. This is to be really considered to all users before their final decision.

Were they originally planning to charge a monthly subscription to Win 10 ???

As a sideline: Why did we go from Win 7 to Win 10 ? ...... Didn't they leave some numbers out ??? ..... LOL

Maybe the ole saying...... "If it Ain't broke.... Don't fix It" !
OR ..... "Better The Devil you know Than the Devil you Don't"

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
@turkeyboy: Well said...I completely agree with you ;)

ezqnig1.jpg

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
I would like upgrade to Windows 10 - a friend of us will do it for us in the next weeks. But at first he said he will be trying out it at first. He is a good, no a very good computer freak. But what I read here caused me to be frightened.

pete123

Reaction score
Me, i cannot wait, I reserved the download now waiting for 'my turn'
it looks very promising indeed, but I have some reservations as W7 is excellent.

nerdjack

Reaction score
I am using Windows 7 and I am happy with it. I am not sure if I will update it soon.

starpipe

Reaction score
I think it's a huge improvement on 8.1 - my machine loves it.

lovetosuckcock

Reaction score
I upgraded a couple of days ago and I hate it. It deleted my anti-virus program and I didn't notice until I went on a site and got a virus so thankyou Microsoft for fucking up a perfectly good computer. I hate your fucking guts you useless twat programmers. You'd probably fuck up the Lord's Prayer, if you knew it.

The OS decides what defaults are good for users and it may be possible to change them if one could even find out how to do it. Again, well done, Microsoft.

In summary Windows 10 is more useless than Vista. I wish I hadn't upgraded and I'm definitely not upgrading my remaining computers. At least that way I'll still have something that functions.

DBOL777

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
my brother has an HP with windows 7 and today he got a "forced upgrade" he tried to stop it by turning off the pc but he found it resumed when he turned it on later...He could not see what the thing was, and MS Update did not indicate any updates...After a long install procedure it went thru and the pc restarted...He went to the MS Updates and it said "Windows10 home install failed"...he never said to reserve a free copy or in any way indicated he wanted it because we prefer to stay with windows 7 since everything works great NOW!!!
Anyone else have this happen or hear of this "forced automatic dowload and install" of w10?