• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Microsoft's New OS System Windows 10

So what do you think about Microsoft's new OS Windows 10?

• Love It / Planning to upgrade from Win 7 or 8.1 once notified of download avaliable

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Hate It / Don't like it - To differcult to use

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Happy with my existing OS System Win 7, 8.1 or Mac OSX

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Don't Plan on Upgrading Windows anytime soon

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
One more dumb question... this upgrade is a 'lifetime' deal right? I mean, I won't have to purchase anything a year or two from now... will I?

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
One more dumb question... this upgrade is a 'lifetime' deal right? I mean, I won't have to purchase anything a year or two from now... will I?

Yes - well .... for the lifetime of Windows 10 at any rate :)

B.

Quickhamma

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
My computer updated from Windows 7 around 10 days ago now and I like the change

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
IF I upgrade my pc from W8 to W10 will I lose the software I purchased for my PCs W8? Stuff like video/audio editor and other tools I use everyday? I am guessing my ESET anti-virus software will transfer but I'm not sure about the other stuff so I've been holding off.

I'm getting a reminder from MS every hour or so saying "your 'reserved' copy of W10 is waiting... click here to upgrade". It is quite annoying, lol.

Plus I've only just gotten accustomed to W8 - why would I ever want to go through the pains of such an upgrade so soon? Granted W8 has flaws but I've adapted to them now and the thought of going through that again with W10 is not a pleasant one :rofl:

Be a brave man Sniffit and jump into the "new world" of Windows 10. p:p

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay. The W10 download just finished. I'm about to do the installation. If you don't hear from me again today... send a 'google search' party because I'm in the MSN Maze again!

:rofl:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
I survived. So far, so good with W10.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well there are many YouTube vids covering updates and changes

And I now realise we have 12 months to accept the free upgrade so no need to rush into it.

Qu. for those that have taken the plunge -

Now that Windows Media Player has gone any problems playing DVDs or Video clips or mp.4 from GH on the windows replacement - or have you had to use VLC player or KMPlayer etc?

Last edited:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm frustrated as hell with W10.

I can't scroll down in any folder. When I scroll down the list in my Downloads or Documents folder it only allows me about 3 seconds before it jumps back to the top of the list... over and over and over... I can't even get to the bottom of the list in some cases... I don't have time to click on any file unless it's near the top of the list.

I don't know how to begin to fix it. I've looked on google and youtube and I even left a msg on the MSN customer service page - no luck on any of those.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Please?

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Thanks RNL. I did have background set on slideshow. I changed that to picture. That fixed the problem.

Still, that is a bug they need to fix. I'll post that fix in the MSN W10 Feedback list and tell them they need to fix it. I like my slideshow :)

You saved me hours of frustration.

Thanks again,

Sniffit :)

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'll post that fix in the MSN W10 Feedback list and tell them they need to fix it. I like my slideshow :)

Definitely do that - it's much easier for software makers to triage and fix bugs they know about, than bugs they don't.

If you get 1000 reports about one bug, and only one report about another, which would you fix first?

Or, if no one reports a bug, how are you supposed to know there is something that needs fixing?

One of my real pet peeves in work is when people take to social media to whine about a network problem but don't report it to the IT department! By all means whine if it makes you feel better - but for goodness sake tell us about the problem first!

B.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
I got a friggin' Trojan infection yesterday. (Small/scvhost) I think I've got rid of it but might have to do a factory reset, in which case I was thinking I might go with W10 anyway...

name_1

Streamer
Reaction score
I got a friggin' Trojan infection yesterday. (Small/scvhost) I think I've got rid of it but might have to do a factory reset, in which case I was thinking I might go with W10 anyway...

How did you know about it?

On a sidenote, we have quite a few tech whizzes here. :)

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
The PC started running slow with a high CPU useage so I did what I usually do when something seems wrong - ran a full MalawareBytes scan; a full Ashampoo Winoptimiser scan and a full AVG anti-virus scan - the AVG dealtwith it on the 1st scan but it kept coming back - a google search told me this can happen. So after several scans and attempted (but unsucessful) system restores all recent scans (using HitMan Pro too) come up clean... still not sure if it has actually gone though as forums indicate it can seem to be gone then pop up again every few days ~X( I still might have to do a full factory reset

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Sadly things were not fully sorted so I had to do a full System Reset.. still got lots of stuff to re-install and re-organise files/favourites etc... and being held back by Windows Update having soooo much to re-install ~X(

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
So what's the situation with playing MP.4 or Video Clips now that Windows Media Player has been replaced??:thinking:

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
So what's the situation with playing MP.4 or Video Clips now that Windows Media Player has been replaced??:thinking:

I still have the old Windows Media Player. I guess because I did an upgrade from W8 to W10.

There's something called Movies & TV that plays just about any video format but I am still gonna use VLC just because it's what I'm used to, lol.

There's also something called Groove Music for audio files. It's kinda weird for me too so I'm using VLC for that too, hehe.

:rofl:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
he he... that's the thing isn't it - a major upgrade and we end up going retro! :)

gb2000ie

Super Vip
Reaction score

VLC?

It's not like Windows Media player was ever best-in-class anyway, so is it really a loss that you now MUST use a better app?

B.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
VLC?

It's not like Windows Media player was ever best-in-class anyway, so is it really a loss that you now MUST use a better app?

B.

You got that right, lol. I rarely ever used the Windows Media Player anyway. The new player in W10 sucks too, hehe. I've always liked VLC the best.