• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Today in History.....

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
19 December 1995 Queen Elizabeth asks Prince Charles and Diana to divorce.

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
Events for 20 December:

1606 Virginia Company settlers leave London to establish Jamestown, Virginia
1699 Peter the Great ordered Russian New Year changed-Sept 1 to Jan 1
1803 Louisiana Purchase formally transferred from France to U.S. for $27M
1860 South Carolina votes 169-0 for Ordinance of Secession, 1st state to secede
1957 Elvis Presley given draft notice to join U.S. Army for National Service
1981 "Dreamgirls" opens at Imperial Theater New York City for 1,522 performances
1985 Howard Cosell retires from television sports after 20 years with ABC

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
Birthdays for 20 December:

1868 Harvey S. Firestone, American Businessman/Industrialist, founder Firestone Tire & Rubber
1957 Anita Baker, [Ward], Detroit Michigan, vocalist (Rapture)

Deaths on 20 December:

1812 Sacagawea, Shoshone interpreter for Lewis & Clark
1876 Hannah Omish, at 12 is youngest ever hanged in U.S.
1968 John Steinbeck, author (Grapes of Wrath, Nobel 1940, 62), dies at 66
1973 Bobby Darin, singer (Mack the Knife), dies of heart failure at 37
1988 Max Robinson, 1st black network (ABC) TV anchor, dies of AIDS at 49

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Birthdays for 20 December:

1868 Harvey S. Firestone, American Businessman/Industrialist, founder Firestone Tire & Rubber
1957 Anita Baker, [Ward], Detroit Michigan, vocalist (Rapture)

Deaths on 20 December:

1812 Sacagawea, Shoshone interpreter for Lewis & Clark
1876 Hannah Omish, at 12 is youngest ever hanged in U.S.
1968 John Steinbeck, author (Grapes of Wrath, Nobel 1940, 62), dies at 66
1973 Bobby Darin, singer (Mack the Knife), dies of heart failure at 37
1988 Max Robinson, 1st black network (ABC) TV anchor, dies of AIDS at 49

Many people get this wrong, her name was actually Hanna Ocuish. She was a mentally retarded Pequot Indian girl who was accused of killing the young daughter of a prominent white family, and she was hung on December 20, 1786, not 1876...

And technically, she wasn't hung in the United States, because Constitutionally, the United States had yet to be formed.

The United States of America was formed or founded on March 1, 1781 under The Articles of Confederation. John Hanson became the first President of the United States under the Articles of Confederation. However, George Washington became the first President of the United States under the Constitution of America in the year 1789.

Thus, making Mary Surratt, convicted of conspiracy in the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln and hung on July 7 1865, the first woman executed in The U.S.

Last edited:

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
I took it directly from a today in history site. Interesting to have it cleared up.

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
I took it directly from a today in history site. Interesting to have it cleared up.

For further clarification, the youngest person executed in the US that I know of was 14 year old George Junius Stinney Jr., a black boy who was accused of killing two white girls ages 11 & 8 on June 16, 1944, just 81 days after the girls died. (can you say railroaded?)

And the young person ever sentenced to death in the United States was James Arcene, for his role in a robbery and murder committed when he was ten years old. He was, however, 23 years old when he was actually executed on June 18, 1885

Last edited:

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
Very interesting; disturbing, but interesting.

Can I have you on my Trivial Pursuit team brmstn69? :thumbs up:

brmstn69

Super Vip
Reaction score
Very interesting; disturbing, but interesting.

Can I have you on my Trivial Pursuit team brmstn69? :thumbs up:

I have often thought of writing a book on American atrocities. I think that an occasional reminder of our past misdeeds could help avoid us avoid future mistakes. But then again, the people that make these choices just don't care...

And I'm banned from Trivial Pursuit on family game night...

G

goejavin

On this day in 1958, the Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Pop Singles Chart. It went on to win 3 Grammys in 1958: Best comedy performance, Best children's recording, and Best engineered record (non-classical)

Song starts around the 1:30 mark!!!

S

smallsleepyrascalcat

After 28 years between the wall and military barriers, the Brandenburg Gate opens for the public on December 22nd 1989.

G

glamfunk84

On this day in 1907, this legendary entertainer was born:

600full-cab-calloway.jpg

Mr. Cab Calloway. :)

"What's Happening..."/"The Wiz" star Mabel King was born on this day in 1932.

The Isley Brothers founding member O'Kelly Isley was born on this day in 1937.

In sad news James Brown and Eartha Kitt died on this day in 2006 and 2008 respectively.

X

XMan101

That's a young photo of Cab Calloway, don't think I've seen that one before.