• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What makes you happy today?

Mardo

Banned
Reaction score
Planning and implementing my retirement end of september 2019, me then becomming 60 years old, over 35 years in my hard job.... I am happy...:) although successor was not to find

I am a long way from retirement but I heard a good tip. When you retire, and your day is your own, do not get up each day with no idea what to do. Plan the night before what you will do. Then do your preparation and GET OUT THAT DOOR. Play Golf with club members. Meet a friend for lunch. Go to a day conference.

But don't end up sitting in dressing gown and slippers in front of 'morning television' (oh the horror!) thinking 'will I or won't I go out', 'there are so many possibilities, what on earth to do and when?' 'Oh, half the morning is gone so too late to move out...'

Plan ahead the day before. The three keywords are:

X_X

Out

That

Door

:thumbs up:

Best of luck.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
"Early to bed
early to rise
makes a man healthy
wealthy and wise"

Whoever wrote that didn't have a boyfriend with a mental health condition. Get to bed, sometime, get up, sometime. Forget about being healthy wealthy and wise, concentrate on getting through to the next day. This works for us, normal people will be better off with a less abnormal way of life.

You must have heard the story of the man who could not face admiting to his wife that he had lost his job. So early each morn he went out, wearing his tie, carrying his briefcase. Each night he came home feigning exhaustion, after a hard day reading magazines in the library, until the money ran out and he had to face the music. The part of that story I don't understand is; how did he find a library that was still open every day?

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I am a long way from retirement but I heard a good tip. When you retire, and your day is your own, do not get up each day with no idea what to do. Plan the night before what you will do. Then do your preparation and GET OUT THAT DOOR. Play Golf with club members. Meet a friend for lunch. Go to a day conference.

But don't end up sitting in dressing gown and slippers in front of 'morning television' (oh the horror!) thinking 'will I or won't I go out', 'there are so many possibilities, what on earth to do and when?' 'Oh, half the morning is gone so too late to move out...'

Plan ahead the day before. The three keywords are:

X_X

Out

That

Door

:thumbs up:

Best of luck.

No worries Mardo, I will get a new pointer dog in spring next year, train him well myself, make all working test with him, go hunting, having a large house with a large garden, all gardening by myself, some volunteer works......, so no boredom I think :big hug:

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Planning and implementing my retirement end of september 2019, me then becomming 60 years old, over 35 years in my hard job.... I am happy...:) although successor was not to find

since it is public that I retire, I am overwhelmed from all appreciative reactions.....:)

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Colonoscopy today: a few intestinal polyps have been removed, one was located in a difficult area, it will be removed in a hospital in two weeks, but all BENIGN :)

It lastet longer to get an appointment for this in a special colon center, but tomorrow it will happen, maybe I have to stay one or two days there.....
Happy when it will be over without complications....

Billyo

Reaction score
helping people makes me happy

You're a giver. :) Do you know many people who are takers?

About 20% of people are givers. They keep human society sane. The other 80% are takers. And I suppose they play their part too. Too many givers and the system would crumble?

Billyo

Reaction score

It lastet longer to get an appointment for this in a special colon center, but tomorrow it will happen, maybe I have to stay one or two days there.....

Keep yourself calm and listen attentively to the advice of the Doctors.

That is all you can do.

Do you have a partner or family members who will visit you?

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score

How did things go?

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
How did things go?

Thx slimjim for asking, yes, everything went well, at home again today, a "normal" intestinal polyp at a difficult location, too difficult for ambulant removale, but senior physicion did a good job at the hospital, no complications...;)

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score

Thx slimjim for asking, yes, everything went well, at home again today, a "normal" intestinal polyp at a difficult location, too difficult for ambulant removale, but senior physicion did a good job at the hospital, no complications...;)

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up: Congratulation Peter for being back home and back in the GH community!!! p:p

peter123

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up: Congratulation Peter for being back home and back in the GH community!!! p:p

Thank u very much, but i have been emotionally here all the time, now I can take all my power to deal my retreat,,,,

trencherman

Reaction score
I came across this article today

In 1984, when Ruth Coker Burks was 25 and a young mother living in Arkansas, she would often visit a hospital to care for a friend with cancer.

During one visit, Ruth noticed the nurses would draw straws, afraid to go into one room, its door sealed by a big red bag. She asked why and the nurses told her the patient had AIDS.

On a repeat visit, and seeing the big red bag on the door, Ruth decided to disregard the warnings and sneaked into the room.

In the bed was a skeletal young man, who told Ruth he wanted to see his mother before he died. She left the room and told the nurses, who said, “Honey, his mother’s not coming. He’s been here six weeks. Nobody’s coming!”

Ruth called his mother anyway, who refused to come visit her son, who she described as a “sinner” and already dead to her, and that she wouldn’t even claim his body when he died.

“I went back in his room and when I walked in, he said, “Oh, momma. I knew you’d come”, and then he lifted his hand. And what was I going to do? So I took his hand. I said, “I’m here, honey. I’m here”, Ruth later recounted.

Ruth pulled a chair to his bedside, talked to him
and held his hand until he died 13 hours later.

After finally finding a funeral home that would his body, and paying for the cremation out of her own savings, Ruth buried his ashes on her family’s large plot.

After this first encounter, Ruth cared for other patients. She would take them to appointments, obtain medications, apply for assistance, and even kept supplies of AIDS medications on hand, as some pharmacies would not carry them.

Ruth’s work soon became well known in the city and she received financial assistance from gay bars, “They would twirl up a drag show on Saturday night and here’d come the money. That’s how we’d buy medicine, that’s how we’d pay rent. If it hadn’t been for the drag queens, I don’t know what we would have done”, Ruth said.

Over the next 30 years, Ruth cared for over 1,000 people and buried more than 40 on her family’s plot most of whom were gay men whose families would not claim their ashes.

For this, Ruth has been nicknamed the ‘Cemetery Angel’.”— by Ra-Ey Saley

She’s 60 now, she’s still doing activist and advocacy work, and working on a memoir.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score

In 1984, when Ruth Coker Burks was 25 and a young mother living in Arkansas, she would often visit a hospital to care for a friend with cancer.

During one visit, Ruth noticed the nurses would draw straws, afraid to go into one room, its door sealed by a big red bag. She asked why and the nurses told her the patient had AIDS.

On a repeat visit, and seeing the big red bag on the door, Ruth decided to disregard the warnings and sneaked into the room.

In the bed was a skeletal young man, who told Ruth he wanted to see his mother before he died. She left the room and told the nurses, who said, “Honey, his mother’s not coming. He’s been here six weeks. Nobody’s coming!”

Ruth called his mother anyway, who refused to come visit her son, who she described as a “sinner” and already dead to her, and that she wouldn’t even claim his body when he died.

“I went back in his room and when I walked in, he said, “Oh, momma. I knew you’d come”, and then he lifted his hand. And what was I going to do? So I took his hand. I said, “I’m here, honey. I’m here”, Ruth later recounted.

Ruth pulled a chair to his bedside, talked to him
and held his hand until he died 13 hours later.

After finally finding a funeral home that would his body, and paying for the cremation out of her own savings, Ruth buried his ashes on her family’s large plot.

After this first encounter, Ruth cared for other patients. She would take them to appointments, obtain medications, apply for assistance, and even kept supplies of AIDS medications on hand, as some pharmacies would not carry them.

Ruth’s work soon became well known in the city and she received financial assistance from gay bars, “They would twirl up a drag show on Saturday night and here’d come the money. That’s how we’d buy medicine, that’s how we’d pay rent. If it hadn’t been for the drag queens, I don’t know what we would have done”, Ruth said.

Over the next 30 years, Ruth cared for over 1,000 people and buried more than 40 on her family’s plot most of whom were gay men whose families would not claim their ashes.

For this, Ruth has been nicknamed the ‘Cemetery Angel’.”— by Ra-Ey Saley

She’s 60 now, she’s still doing activist and advocacy work, and working on a memoir.

OMG what a story - I'm honest I was crying! And it is my deepest conviction that there are angels here on earth. Here you have read the story of one of these angels!

trencherman

Reaction score
OMG what a story - I'm honest I was crying! And it is my deepest conviction that there are angels here on earth. Here you have read the story of one of these angels!

Yes, angels walk the earth in normal garb. The devil wears Prada or else a long tie.