• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

When and how was your "Coming Out"?

DAI

Reaction score
I came out when i was 15 y.o or so, all my friends already knew that and they were waiting for me to tell them :) I think my mom knows i'm gay too but i didn't know how to come out to her so at the end of my college, i've decided to tell her, all i think about at that moment is she's gonna cry or something, but she gave me a smile and hugged me, that was the best day of my life

mathieuvince

Reaction score
My coming out was late (just after my twin brother getting married)... I was probably 25 years old already. It was in a restaurant in Brussels, and it just came out (could not take it anymore). Both my parents were very cool about it. Such a relief.

Tatort429

Reaction score
If I comeout people will murder me. Im not joking

In my case, If I come out I'll "murder" people, in a sense. You know what I mean, some of the closest and dearest to me will have heart attacks, relentless crying, ...
So, better keep it all in the closet for close relatives, and selectively out of the closet for some friends.
A tough cookie, I know but what isn't in life, and especially in gay life.

alant

Reaction score
xman101: my story is much like yours...

problem for me is that everyone i knows sees sexuality as either 100% gay or straight, nothing in between. it ultimately took me deciding that i am nothing but Alan, and that it's ok to be myself!

fortunately being in NY you have a ton of really supporting, diverse people. i definitely have friends that cannot really be themselves at home and it's so sad :(

kupenda

Reaction score
My brother busted me by asking if a friend I'm seeing in another city is more than just a friend. I told him the truth. He said it was so cool to have a gay brother.....

slam365

Reaction score
Coming out to Dad

I came out quite late at age 23 to my Sister and my Mother. They were fine but told my Catholic Dad and was asked to leave and never come back again. While packing (and sobbing) I heard this crash in the living room and went in to find my Dad on the floor with my samll Mum standing over him saying '' he is my son and as long as i am alive he will always be welcomed here''. She had just boxed him and at home i stayed. We are fine now and Dad totally accepts it all now but what a sliding doors moment.

Seiji

Reaction score
If I comeout people will murder me. Im not joking

Almost the situation here..
I mean, I have amost sure that in the ends some of my family will accept it well (or not..), but I don't even like to think about it...
My family see this stuff, like wrong..
I have 3 brothers that are pretty against it.
No one knows about this side o me, I don't find any friend that I can really trust about it anyway..

Do what? This is the life...

X

XMan101

Almost the situation here..
I mean, I have amost sure that in the ends some of my family will accept it well (or not..), but I don't even like to think about it...
My family see this stuff, like wrong..
I have 3 brothers that are pretty against it.
No one knows about this side o me, I don't find any friend that I can really trust about it anyway..

Do what? This is the life...

Well I hope this forum helps you and others in a similar position to at least have a little space where you can be yourself. Even if nobody is physically close by it's always comforting to have others you can relate to, and perhaps become good long distance friends eventually :)

zachalaska

Reaction score
I was living in DC at the time with my first lover. My parents came for a weekend visit... being just out of the Air Force I introduced him as a roommate which they bought, I think. After dinner on night we stopped back at my parents hotel room. While I was in the bathroom, my very wasted lover announced to my mother that he was just that my lover.... Surprise... when I came back into the room I had no choice but to admit it... It took awhile but things eventually smoothed out with the family and all is well.

Seiji

Reaction score
@xman101
Thanks!
I think, theres times that a "distance friend" is more a real friend than that you are close.

Reaction score
I came out to my gay friends first, then my best friend who was/is in love with me, then a few other close friends, then my sister, and I'm waiting to tell my stright roommate/best friend and parents. It all started after my first year in college

Fernando Oliveira

Reaction score
My coming out was a little late. was when probably with 22 years old already. It waswith a boy from São Paulo City, and it just came out not take Both my parents didn´t know yet.

tennisblackout

Reaction score
my coming out hasnt happen yet, im waiting for the right time to tell my parents they will never be able to have grandchildren lol. i dont want to cause its what they want the most but i cant really change who i am, so one of these days ill have a sit down and tell them the truth.

Bill-Sucks

Reaction score
My friends found out when they saw me making out with a guy at a party (kinda when I finally decided I was ready) and then I told my Mum a couple weeks later when I was drunk. I had planned on telling her the next day but it felt right to tell her then. And then she told my sisters and so on and so forth. :)

boogieman

Reaction score
Told my dad when he was drunk. Bad idea because he went around telling everyone about how he had a gay son. He went on a bender for a few days, drinking non stop, seemed really depressed as well. But then he got over it. He is disappointed, no doubt. Everyone else handled it well.

I never really thought I needed to 'come out', because I didn't think of it as a big deal. But I just thought it was time my dad knew. I didn't make a big deal out of it, I just told him straight. I actually felt sick at first, and regretted it straight after. But it is fine now.. although I'm not comfortable talking to people about guys I like. That still feels a bit weird to me.

Even though I am 100% sure I am gay, and have felt this way for years, there is still a small part of me that worries 'what if I'm wrong?' Because I am now out of the closet, so there's no going back in. I have no interest in girls. Lots of interest in guys. But I do wonder if maybe I am just going through a phase.. maybe I'm still in denial.

umpalumpa

Reaction score
I think the reaction is pretty common , sadly, but most dads have more a problem with coming outs than others. Also my dad wasn't "happy" with my coming-out, but he got over it.