• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Where is the Thanks-button in the new forum-design?

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused - where do I find the Thanks-button in a post in this new forum-design? It's probably just me being blind, but where is it? :unsure:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Not just you, I cannot see one either - hopefully it's just teething troubles and the new build is still in progress to this new platform?

And it looks like the "report this post" button; search facility; UserCP & "who's online" are also not showing.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Not just you, I cannot see one either - hopefully it's just teething troubles and the new build is still in progress to this new platform?

And it looks like the "report this post" button; search facility; UserCP & "who's online" are also not showing.
Well it seems there's a Like-button instead - but where the hell is that...:unsure:

I guess I'll have to find it...

ronin1

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
All i see in lower right hand is Reply tab also where is hide tab as i can see members hide links as well as mine

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
You should be able to see the Like button bottom right in each post, next to the "reply" button and putting your cursor on it opens up a "smilies" bar giving you the choice of Like; Love; HaHa; Wow; Sad; Angry and Thanks

Last edited:

ronin1

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I see nothing like that at bottom of my screen. I cannot even attack a photo of the bottom of the screen.

Until this salted out i am not posting

LEMONZOO

Reaction score
I also don't see anything like that at the bottom of the screen. I can't even correct something in the post. :(
Until this is resolved, as well as hiding and protecting my link, i will not be posting.

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
If everyone will be patient while we sort the problems members and staff have identified it would help keep everything zen and mellow. None of us want tension and stress here in Gay Heaven or "Nirvana". We all come here as an escape from the stress irl.

Threatening to withhold posting only adds stress to an already stressful situation. Please carry on posting and inform us of issues you find. We are and will do the best we can to resolve or at least mitigate the ones we can and explain those we can't. Give us and the management time. This was an enormously complicated transition. It was very costly in manhours for weeks of code writing and preparation then a highly risky process for implementation. Any webmasters among the GH community can attest to the truth of my statement.

There is no 'out of the box' solution for something like we needed. We were using a vB community platform that was developed at least 15 years ago. It was over run with previous addons, plugins, applications and modifications that precluded any updates to the forum. A team of data techs had to work for weeks to prepare the forum for this update to 21st century technology.

The fact the database survived is a testament to those techs' ability and determination. Hearing people complain about progress that was absolutely imperative to prevent a total loss of our beloved Gay Heaven community is disheartening. It had to be done. The new platforms are all far superior to the vB we were using. It was antiquated and full of problems that would have crashed at some point. What we have now is the industry standard platform. XF is the preferred platform for all community boards.

Please be patient and accept that we are doing what we can to improve things.

Thank you

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
As I posted in another thread why some members can and some cannot see various buttons/functions etc is way beyond me. All I can do is tell you my experience so far.

On Monday when GH switched over I couldn't see any of them, then by Tuesday morning some of them, not all though, were there then later I had more functionality. e.g when the "like" button appeared that was all it did - it added a "like" and it was a few hours later that the smilies bar appeared for me.

And I see there are other additions this morning - yesterday there was no info. below our Avatars but I see it now details Date Joined; Messages (a.k.a number of posts) and Points (which I presume is some kind of reputation?) and the number of replies and "view count" is back on the threads.

How long will it take to complete the switch? - I have no idea

What will the new GH look like when the build/migration is complete and the glitches ironed out? - I have no idea.

Will I like it? - I have no idea, lets wait-and-see.

What was my 1st thought when I heard we were switching to a new platform - "Oh crap, I like what I'm used to and don't fancy having to get used to something new.... will it be easier to use or will some things be a pain... will I loose my old posts... will I loose my "thanks" total etc etc"

But I take W!nston's point that the old GH had been running on the Vbulletin platform since 2008 and after such a long time it was I guess inevitable that there would need to be a major update at some time.

Last edited:

ronin1

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Glad to see the new forum-design is up and running, But i have one outstanding question ? Were is the hide button have one or have done away with it.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
It's still here but doesn't seem to be included with such as Text/VColour/Smilies/Bold etc on the bar that shows on the top of posting windows.

If you go to the very bottom of the page on the blue bottom border you will see a "Help" button. Clicking on that open a new page. Go to the BB Codes section and scrollling down about 3/4 of the way you will see

You must click 'Like' before you can see the hidden data contained here

custom_bb_code_desc.hide
Example:
Output:custom_bb_code_output.hide

so
is the wrap BUT the other question is does hitting the "Thanks" Icon un-hide the data???

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
I don't find the way to limit the number of post by page (5; 10 or 20) like on the precedent presentation.
Can you help me, please ?

LEMONZOO

Reaction score
The like button appeared but i don't have the option to edit anything in the post, probably because i don't have permission, which is really stupid.
If you can't hide and protect links, at least prevent unregistered members from viewing certain parts of the forum.
Best regards.