• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Your favourite 80's song

greglio

Reaction score
Big in Japan, Alphaville :) such a great song and a great album overall

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Pia Zadora & Jermaine Jackson - When The Rain Begins to Fall

Can listen to this over and over again! Now, that`s what I call the 80's! :)

G

Gloomy_Sunday44

^I love Grace Jones!

I was born in '90 so I totally missed out on the 80's but it seemed like a fun decade. This is the sound that comes to mind when I think of the 80's.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Peter Schilling - Major Tom

LEGENDARY! :thumbs up:

Now&Forever

Reaction score
All my favourites are from the 80's !

If I were to pick just one 80's classic , I'll go for an obvious, singalong ,gay anthem :

Weather Girls - It's Raining Men

mephisto25

Reaction score
My favorite ist OMD with "Maid of Orleans" this was a great song for me

Otage

Super Vip
Reaction score
Flock of Seagulls - I Ran
This plays in my head, when I always ran to my break at work:p I'm not huge fan of my work;)

W!nston

SuperSoftSillyPuppy
Staff member
Reaction score
Talking Heads - "Once In A Lifetime"

It's impossible for me to choose one favorite song from the 80s. There were just too many. So I started with this one because it was released in October 1980 and it set the bar incredibly high for all that followed.

I'll add more as my memory sifts through the list and great songs pop into mind :)

Thanks Otage for starting this thread and then reviving it so it caught my eye tonight...

Sniffit :cheers:

Wikipedia

Once in a Lifetime (Talking Heads song)

"Once in a Lifetime" is a song by new wave band Talking Heads, released as the first single from their fourth studio album Remain in Light. The song was written by David Byrne, Brian Eno, Chris Frantz, Jerry Harrison, and Tina Weymouth, and produced by Eno. It received critical acclaim, and was named one of the 100 most important American musical works of the 20th century by National Public Radio.

At the time of its original release, the song gained modest chart success, peaking at #14 on the UK Singles Chart and at #31 in the Dutch singles chart. While the song failed to chart on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart, various American 80s format radio stations have come to programming it in their playlists over the years. It was also an early MTV staple and was one of the most heavily played videos upon MTV's debut in August 1981.

A live version of the song taken from Talking Heads' concert film Stop Making Sense was released as a single in 1984, peaking at #91 on the Billboard Hot 100. The studio version is widely regarded as their signature song, along with "Burning Down the House".

Kermit the Frog performed the song on a 1996 episode of Muppets Tonight. The song is featured in the films Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Rock Star, Hot Tub Time Machine and Reagan, and in trailers for the films The Family Man, W. and Wreck-It Ralph.

The song is included in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll.

SOURCE

Last edited:

portugal10

Reaction score
Visage "Fade to Grey"

:thumbs up:

Last edited by a moderator: