• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classic Cars

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Last Renault Caravelle or early Peugeot 204 ?
In 1967, the customer had the choice

"1108 cm3 - R?gie Renault - 1966" on the plate

Convertible and coach are the same, the coach being one convertible version with a fixed hard-top. Renault stopped the Caravelle in 1968.

Coach 204 at Paris motorshow 1966

The coach 204 could be convertible in little break.

Paul Bouvot designed the four 204 versions (saloon, break, coach and convertible) with Pininfarina.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Peugeot models, from the 201 to the 607

Paris motorshow 1934

Paris motorshow 1937

Paris motorshow 1958

Paris motorshow 1975

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Paris motorshow 1988

Paris motorshow 1996

Coming from Talbot, the model that had to replace the Talbot Horizon was named Peugeot at the last minut and got a special number.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
4 CV Renault is a glamorous mascot for anniversaries

In 1979, for its number 400, the magazine "L'Automobile" publishes the meeting 4 CV - Renault 5 GTL 4 doors, a new model at this time.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
In 2000, "L'Auto-Journal" celebrates its 50 th anniversary. This time we get one Renault Twingo 1.2 L.

4 CV 1954 VS Renault 5 GTL 1979
4 CV 1960 VS Renault Twingo 1.2 L 2000

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
In 2006, a road-trip in 4 CV seems necessary to celebrate the 60 th anniversary of "L'Automobile Magazine".

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Some cars from the engineer JA Gr?goire
See also # 948

Tracta 1930 - 6 cylinders - Front Wheels Drive

Front Wheels Drive tree published by l'Auto-Jounal in 1955, some years before the Austin Mini appearance (transversal engine). We can see that Jean-Albert Gr?goire is one of the pioneer of this technology.

Adler Trumpf, first car with aluminium melted carcass (Alpax)

Aluminium melted carcass comprised :
- 1 canopy
- 2 longerons
- 1 front crossing
The rear sub-frame of metal sheet is fastened to the carcass.
The model, exposed at Paris Motorshow 1937, is an Amilcar Compound B38.

Amilcar Compound B38

Prototype AFG Gr?goire designed and tested in the clandestinity during the Occupation (1942-1944)

The complex melted canopy of Alpax for the Hotchkiss Gr?goire (1951).
The long hand-made manufacture explained the price of the car.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Hotchkiss Gr?goire saloon

Hotchkiss Gr?goire coach

By the side of deserted southern highway near Paris in 1951 :
- left : new model Anjou from the Hotchkiss tradition
- right : Hotchkiss Gr?goire

The simplified structure of the new Gr?goire Sport always of Alpax (1956)
At last the melted carcass is hidden behind the rest of the body. The manufacture is more easy, but it's too late for Hotchkiss that has disappeared!

The mechanical of the Gr?goire Sport. Notice the horizontal spring of the front suspension that allow a bending strength. Flat-four engine water-cooled with compressor.

Jean-Albert Gr?goire at the wheel of the Gr?goire Sport.

The writer Fran?oise Sagan at the wheel of the Gr?goire Sport.

Gr?goire Sport convertible

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Gr?goire Sport Convertible

The same, by the lake

Hotchkiss 1910 and Hotchkiss Gr?goire coach Chapron 1952, the contrast!

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
From prototype AFG to Simca-Gr?goire (1942 - 1945)
AFG means Aluminium Fran?ais Gr?goire (aluminium melted carcass)
This prototype was funded by Aluminium Fran?ais that became later P?chiney.

Left : Prototype AFG
Right : Simca-Gr?goire

The prototype is tested in Loz?re (southern France) during the Occupation in 1943-44. The engineer write in his memoirs that it is miraculous they were not caught by the Germans. Maybe they watched elsewhere...

Mountain roads in summer allowed to test the air cooling of the flat-twin.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Founder and president of Simca, HT Pigozzi is no more welcome in his factory at the Lib?ration because of his activities during the war. Republic Provisional Government names JA Gr?goire technical director of Simca in order to develop the AFG without the agreement of HT Pigozzi who is always the president!

A second Simca-Gr?goire version that suit neither Mr Pigozzi.

Same to this third version that is like the future Peugeot 203.

In 1946 HT Pigozzi is the boss again and he drives away immediately JA Gr?goire and his damn prototype. At the first after war Paris Motorshow the old range Simca 5/Simca 8 is presented. Above it is a coup? Simca 8.