• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Classic Cars

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Prototype AFG VS Mathis 333

Aluminium everywhere for both

Air cooled flat-twin for AFG, water cooled with 2 radiators for Mathis

Special feature AFG : rear bending strength suspension
Special feature Mathis 333 : co-axial cylinders

AFG aluminium melted carcass is of Alpax

3 liter by 100 kilometers ; 3 seats ; 3 wheels

Jean Andreau, the aerodynamician engineer who "commited" Mathis 333!

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Panhard Dyna, a distant cousin of the prototype AFG

The license of the Gr?goire prototype is sold to Panhard who is allowed to develop it as he wishes it. Sure, all is remade except the global form and the front axle.

Named VP2 then Dyna, some say also Dyna X or even Louis XV !

Exhibited at Paris motorshow 1946

Six torsion bars at the rear and a simple frame of steel instead of the melted carcass. Always some aluminium for the body that has four doors.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Villa d'Este elegance contest 2022

The event is sponsored by BMW

Aston Martin Bulldog

Aston Martin DB4 GT

Bugatti 57S Vanvooren

Cadillac sixty-two sedan 1959

Ferrari 250 GT Zagato

Ferrari 288 GTO

Lamborghini Miura SV

Mercedes 300 SL

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
"A new look at Rolls-Royce motoring", an amazing document published in 1964

To modernize the image of its old Silver Cloud III, waiting for the next Silver Shadow, the prestigious constructor asked to the pilot Tony Brooks to try the model.

First, on the Goodwood circuit for a merciless test

Second, a long road trip in France. The eventual customer must understand that driving a Rolls-Royce is easy in any circumstance.

Recent Mercedes 600 is a serious competitor for the Silver Cloud III

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Jean Daninos (1906 - 2001) before the Facel Vega

Jean Daninos began at Citro?n as designer at the bodies department in 1928.
He is photographied there in front of his modified roadster C6.
Below, a beautiful cabriolet Rosalie 15 transformed by Jean Daninos for his personal use.

Forty years after Jean Daninos is redrawing the coup? Traction. He participated for the draw but, really, Flaminio Bertoni designed all the bodies of the Traction. (photo above)

1939 : Foundation of Facel (Forges et Ateliers de Construction d'Eure et Loir)
1945 : Joint venture with Metallon, we get Facel-Metallon
1953 : Partition Facel SA and Metallon SA
Before to become a constructor, Facel was a body sub-contractor for several firms (automobile and aviation)

Facel made the aluminium body of the Dyna Panhard (45000 units)

Simca Sport first version derived from Simca 8

Simca Sport second version derived from Simca 9 Aronde

Starting 1955, Simca Sport is named Coup? de Ville or Week-End according the version.

Actress Brigitte Bardot posing in front of the cabriolet Week-End

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

In 1956, Simca Plein Ciel replace the Coup? de Ville always on Aronde base.

Same to the Week-End that become Oc?ane

This Plein Ciel and Oc?ane front face is only the one of the model 59!
In 1961, these two Aronde versions are stopped by Simca. The following year, Simca 1000 coup? is made by Bertone in Italy. Jean Daninos is annoyed, especially because, at the same time, he has a lot of problems with his last model Facellia.

Ford Com?te (Ford SAF 1951) derived from the Vedette

Ford Monte-Carlo derived from the Vend?me (1954)

Bentley Cresta

Bentley 4.5 liter, a single unit that announce the future Facel Vega

The roof of of the first Facel Vega is like the one of the Bentley.

Jean Daninos was the brother of Pierre Daninos, the writer who published "Les carnets du Major Thompson" in 1954, the year of the Facel Vega appearence. Comete, Vega, the writer found the models name.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
The missed launch of Citro?n Visa

Paris motorshow 1978 : Elderly people is interested by this new Citro?n that could replace their old 2CV, Dyane or Ami. But the constructor would like to get a larger market.

WTF ? wonders the visitor shocked by the bad plastic finition and the flashy interior of the Visa.
"It is a car" answers Citro?n in the magazine ads.

Behind the wheel, the satellite (wellknown by the Citro?n drivers of this age) group all the controls.

Above, Visa Super powered by Peugeot 104 engine.
Below, Visa Special, powered by a motor flat-twin derived from Ami 8

Super E and Super X, two versions added in 1980

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Visa metamorphose from the excentric Citro?n to the classic Peugeot

Visa selling don't grow. Some esthetical alterations are necessary say dealerships who meet a lot of difficulties with this model. From 1981, radiator gril, front bumper and rear lights are modified. The look is changing, the car seem wider now.

In rally, Visa replace CX for modernizing the model image. Visa Chrono is presented in 1982 with a powerful 104 motor of 93 HP. It is only a beginning.

More "highscale" than the Chrono, the Visa GT.

Rare Visa decapotable

1984, Visa Diesel : Front axle and mechanical come from Peugeot 205 Diesel. It explain plastic things on the front fenders.

1985, the famous satellite is replaced by some ordinary controls. Only the flat-twin typical sound of a downscale model give a Citro?n touch.

Front axle and motor 1.6 liter of the Peugeot 205 GTI for the Visa GTI, 105 then 115 HP. Diesel or GTI, these Visa versions are like some 205 low cost.

Here is the Visa development, more and more close from a Peugeot model.
Good thing for the marketing.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Some years after the Ami 6, Citro?n Visa Club (flat-twin engine) is long distance tested. After a run of 50.000 kilometers, the car is entirely dismantled and each part is checked by the magazine l'Auto-Journal.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
When photographer Dingo created the ambience for the magazine R?troviseur

Citro?n Traction 11BL Cabriolet 1938

Ford Edsel Citation 1958

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
235, the ultimate model from Delahaye (1951-1954)

Cabriolet Antem

Coach Antem

Above : Coup? Chapron
Below : Cabriolet Chapron

Cabriolet Chapron

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Paris motorshow 1933 : the aerodynamic wave and soon the end of the "square bodies" (caisses carr?es)

Renault Monaquatre 1932

Taxi Renault Vivaquatre 1933 (Parisian company G7)

Renault Primaquatre aerodynamic serie 1934

Renault Vivastella Grand Sport 1935 is showing the development toward some more aerodynamic designs.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Christmas 1933 at this Chenard & Walcker dealer ship.

Delahaye old generation

Delahaye new generation

Donnet Donastar 8HP

Like a lot of constructors, Hotchkiss redraws his models.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Mathis Emyquatre

Panhard Panoramique has some amazing little windows in front but the design remain conventional.

Faithful Panhard customer, the French actor Victor Boucher (1877 - 1942) poses in front of a Panoramique in 1934 then a Dynamic in 1936.

Salmson keep a square style for its bodies.

New Talbot Fulgur in 1934.

Unic old and new generation.