• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest 2017

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Russia is officially out of Eurovision 2017

5264183bdc.jpg

Following the official confirmation that Russian Eurovision entrant, Julia Samoylova, will not be permitted to travel to Kyiv to compete in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, the EBU formally offered two alternative proposals to Channel One in a bid to find a solution that would enable Russia to continue their participation in this year’s event.

"These proposals were to either take part via satellite or to change their chosen artist to one who could legally travel to Ukraine for the duration of the Contest. Sadly both proposals have been rejected by Channel One and they have now announced they do not intend to broadcast the Eurovision Song Contest 2017. Unfortunately this means Russia will no longer be able to take part in this year’s competition. We very much wanted all 43 countries to be able to participate and did all we could to achieve this," the EBU states.

I always thought it was a song contest :?

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
5264183bdc.jpg

Following the official confirmation that Russian Eurovision entrant, Julia Samoylova, will not be permitted to travel to Kyiv to compete in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017, the EBU formally offered two alternative proposals to Channel One in a bid to find a solution that would enable Russia to continue their participation in this year’s event.

"These proposals were to either take part via satellite or to change their chosen artist to one who could legally travel to Ukraine for the duration of the Contest. Sadly both proposals have been rejected by Channel One and they have now announced they do not intend to broadcast the Eurovision Song Contest 2017. Unfortunately this means Russia will no longer be able to take part in this year’s competition. We very much wanted all 43 countries to be able to participate and did all we could to achieve this," the EBU states.

I always thought it was a song contest :?

Maybe it's more of a political fuck-up contest :eek::(:worried:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Montenegro Eurovision Singer Hits Wrong Note Back Home

8603406.jpg

Slavko Kalezic, Montenegro's entry for the Eurovision song contest, may have wowed some international audiences with his provocative appearance - but it has appalled many people at home who deem it an insult to traditional values.

Montenegro hopes this year's striking representative for the Eurovision song contest, Slavko Kalezic, will make it through to the final, on Saturday May 13, in Kiev, Ukraine.

The singer and actor is scheduled to perform in the semi-final on May 9 with the song “Space", which has been praised in some international media for challenging "stereotypes about masculine and feminine beauty".

But in conservative, homophobic Montenegro, the provocative performance and words of this self-styled "queen" have drawn torrents of criticism for apparently trampling on traditional values. Some have even called Kalezic a symbol of "Western decadence".

Wearing a billowing blue dress [at one point] as well as braided hair extensions in his Eurovision video, he has inevitably been compared to bearded Austrian drag queen Conchita Wurst, who some in Montenegro saw as a gay propagandist.

Kalezic's reference to himself as a "queen" after he was chosen to represent Montenegro at Eurovision last December added more fuel to the critics. “I am born to win, I am your queen!" he said.

SOURCE

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well, in my opinion this Montenegrin singer is a damn handsome piece of ass!!!

So send him to Sweden, I'll gladly suck him off!!!

portugal10

Reaction score
About this time next week we will be approaching the announcement of the first 10 qualifiers X_X Gonna be a bloodbath with so many strong songs.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Europe, are you ready to party?!

The wait is over! The ESC 2017 starts tonight with the first Semi-Final. I wish all Eurovision fans a great evening full of music and joy! :dancing:

cxdnxanln.jpg

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
The wait is over! The ESC 2017 starts tonight with the first Semi-Final. I wish all Eurovision fans a great evening full of music and joy! :dancing:

Not yet. :D

Those semifinals ruin the main event for me because I've seen it all before then. So I don't do them any moe.

Anything worth mentioning for a youtube-recap?

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
The running order of the Grand Final of the 2017 ESC

3sc20i7.jpg

Yodellers? Fan-boats? One man duets? Masked drummers?
Key changes? Wind machines? Who'll get your vote saturday? :p

Fun fact: Every non-english song has qualified to the grand final :eek:

Here is the running order of Eurovision 2017 Grand Final!

cmvw2sxuaa.jpg

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
I would be happy with a victory of Portugal or Italy.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Fun fact: Every non-english song has qualified to the grand final :eek:

Well, according to J-C Junkers English is loosing it's importance in Europe these days :rofl::rofl:

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well, according to J-C Junkers English is loosing it's importance in Europe these days :rofl::rofl:

Well, English hasn't lost its importance on GH anyway :rofl:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Shouldn't we change into German as the new global language???? -:)

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
I have almost zero interest in Eurovision, whether Australia competes or not. When you get the government of a country actually detaining and harrassing citizens who cast their vote in a way that was not approved by the state, as happened a few years ago in Azerbaijan or one of those central Asian countries, for me that was the final straw.

Anything that involves voting is going to end up corrupted. They should drop the voting and the declaration of a "winner" and just make it an event where countries are encouraged to send songs and artists to present them. And either make it a European thing, with the boundaries properly set as to which countries are admissible, or just throw it open to everyone.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Shouldn't we change into German as the new global language???? -:)

Naaaaaa...I think the obvious choice must be Latin, so every ESC winner could quote Julius Caesar and say: "-Veni, Vidi, Vici." ("I came, I saw, I won.)

And the public could go just like Cicero: "Quousque tandem, Catilina, abutere patientia nostra?" :cheers:;)

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Naaaaaa...I think the obvious choice must be Latin, so every ESC winner could quote Julius Caesar and say: "-Veni, Vidi, Vici." ("I came, I saw, I won.)

And the public could go just like Cicero: "Quousque tandem, Catilina, abutere patientia nostra?" :cheers:;)

I think in the next year they (or Catalina) will again misuse our patience! Don't you think so?

And a totally other thing Gorgik9 - you really know what I like and from this reason here my really great thanks for your always appropriate weekend wishes. And the very same this time to Slimjim!!! Thanks. p:p:blushing:p:p

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Waiting for the points just got more boring...

As someone who likes this part most, I have to agree.

Yes, it's totally pointless now to watch for 20 minutes, if they only give away 50% of the points.

I would accept the procedure if it would really go the final result but in this way it doesn't work for me any more.

Also I'm far more interested in the details of the public votes, not so much the Jury's opinion. They hide the neighbour-votes with this "new system".

The music was better than in the other years I thought. But I don't think anything leaves a longer impression, I haven't heard the songs before and have already forgotten all about them.

But it was still a nice gay parade.

jeansGuyOZ

Smartarse from Down Under
Reaction score
Out of the finalists, I thought the winning song deserved the honour. This song would benefit from the more traditional Brazil-style bossa nova treatment; I thought it was rendered a bit slow here.

Surprised at Oz finishing ninth. The guy sings well, but the song is pretty generic.