• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

High-Pressure Hydraulics by Citro?n

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
BX is forty and Xantia nearly thirty (early 1993)

The BX is presented at Paris motorshow 1982

BX (left) VS Xantia (right)

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Andre Costa was tester journalist at L'Auto-Journal and also a great traveler. In 1972 he realized Paris-Tchad lake on board of one SM that he had named Coralie.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
GS dashboards and seats

Black background only for GS preserie models

GS Break Club 1972

GS 1220 Confort 1973

GS 1220 Club 1974

Four versions 1975 : Interior of GS X2 is close from the one of GS Birotor

GS X2 1975

Dark background for the dashboard of this GS Pallas 1976

GS Club 1977

GS X3 1979

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
The difficult launch of the DS

To make the 15/6 H one year more? Indeed, the constructor thinked to it. In 1955, the DS 19 was not ready.

However in 1955, around 20 handmade pre-serie units were assembled for dealerships and motorshows, especially the one of Paris in October.

Early 1956, three months after the successful motorshow, the manufactoring start slowly with a lot of issues. These photos are published to reassure customers and dealerships. (like Preston Tucker some years ago !)

15 September 1956 : DS are fitted at Javel manufactory beside the last 11 Traction.

The turning podium presenting the DS19 used for the three first Paris motorshows.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Three pre-serie DS 19 for Paris motorshow 1955

One for the central podium

The dashboard interest also the visitor

A second model, beside the monumental stairs of the "Grand Palais", made the cover of the magazine Inter-Auto.

The third DS is handing over to the crowd, at least during the first days of the motorshow.
12.000 orders at the end of the motorshow for a car that is not even finished !

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Paris motorshow 1956

Apparently it is the same pre-serie model that is turning on the podium. The floor is different and, in front at Renault, the Dauphine has replaced the Frégate.

The second podium receive the new ID 19

Paris motorshow 1957

This year the DS of the podium, strictly from the serie with clear roof, do no more create the surprise like two years ago.

Return of the Frégate at Renault stand.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Charles de Gaulle (1890 - 1970), the most famous citroenist.

Some Traction 11 and 15 before the DS. Here, we can see Mrs de Gaulle at the wheel of a Citroen 11B in 1946.
The general getting in at the front and Paul Fontenil, the driver, travels at the rear.

The 15/6 H bought in 1954 that the general had yet for his come back to the power in 1958.

Normally it must climb...

The damn sparewheel of the Traction, I knew this too!

The general, from the IVth republic to the Vth (June 1958).

September 1961 : His DS after the missed Pont-Sur-Seine attack, a bomb hidden in a sand heap.

The DS of the Petit-Clamart attack (August 1962) is a museum car today.

DS 19 Pallas 1965

The same in May 1968, the come back from Baden (Germany)

The last DS of the general de Gaulle in auction sold in 2021.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Two DS that the general de Gaulle could not get.

DS 23 Pallas Electronic Injection "brun scarabée" 1974

This black DS 23 Pallas Electronic Injection 1974 automatic gearbox Borg-Warner belonged to the president Valery Giscard d'Estaing.

Entirely restaured today