• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

High-Pressure Hydraulics by Citro?n

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

In theory, it must go up... in theory ;)

GS and folding caravan Rigipli Esterel, a convoy typically 70's

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
3 special 15/6 H for the french President René Coty

15/6 H serie, easy to recognize when hydraulic pressure fall down at the rear

Citroën stand Paris motorshow 1954 : A Republic President sat in a car while the motorshow visit is very rare. Normally he has to keep neutral.

The first presidential 15 H. This limousine appears at Paris motorshow 1955. It is the last creation from workshop Franay that will close a few time later.

The decouvrable Chapron appears two years after the limousine Franay

Both cars are assembled starting from a 15/6 familiale base (6 windows) improved by the rear hydropneumatic suspension of the saloon. With 4.96 meter, it is the longest model of the traction range. Of course these presidential versions are still longer.

A 15/6 limousine near of the serie this time. Personal car of the President Coty, it has rear hydropneumatic suspension and special heating at rear seats. One of the very last 15/6 assembled in 1956.

The same model scale : 1/43

President of Citroën Pierre Bercot presents the new DS to René Coty, the last president of the 4th Republic. (Paris motorshow 1955)

At the motorshow 1958, René Coty seems up'set in front of transversal tip-up seats of the new ID 19 estate.

Tip-up seats of ID19 estate, this equipment kept until the end allow 7 seats in the car.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

After years and years of black Traction, flashy colours on the first ID and DS surprised people. In order :
Spring green, Turquoise blue and Capucine (orange)

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
ID 19 Luxe Capucine entirely restored, one of the first model (1957)

Bumpers are in aluminium, the roof in polyester resin is not painted, the austerity of the 11 Traction with the comfort of the DS. Capucine colour, available on ID19 only, is too flashy for the traditional Traction customer.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Eight years later, we can see the development of Citroën ID19 with this model Confort 1965

With assisted steering in option, we are near from DS 19 mechanical gearbox. Only the roof in resin no painted seems a bit cheap. The engine, with its simple carburator, is also less powerful. The citroënist has to wait for ID 20 in 1969 to get an ID with DS engine. In theory there is no option DS engine but who knows really ?

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Allways faithful to Citroën, before monospaces time, the famous parisian night club Le Lido used some familiale DS then CX to drive back models at home after the show. A comfort well deserved!

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
2021, you said ? :thinking:

Anyway it will be a bit special, I am afraid ... :(

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Peugeot and Citroën had a long familial cars tradition

At Citroën it is beginning with B14G in 1928

C4 - C6 (photo : C6E 1929)

Rosalie (15 NH 1934)

Traction 11 and 15 (15 - 1954)

ID / DS

CX

Peugeot 203 - Citroën 11 (1954)

Peugeot 505 and Citroën CX are the last familial cars made by these constructors. Front Wheels Drive and hydropneumatic suspension are especially welcome on this CX model.
These cars are both replaced by some monospaces in 1991-92

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

From the Mayor to the President, the daily official cars ballet made some good free ads for Citroën :)

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Seen as a complicated lab vehicle at the beginning, the DS become quickly an efficient machine for eating kilometers, years after years. More than its original look, that made the success of this car. Today it is the opposite.

Photos from the catalog 1972

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
DS on the snow

DS 21 Pallas Injection mechanical gearbox of a mountain doctor 50 years ago (French Alpes). He said in the car magazine Europe-Auto that, in winter, he spent more time at the wheel of his car than beside his patients. At this time the DS was used especially for its road qualities.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Forecast from l'Auto-Journal were not always exact
Some drawings published some weeks or months before the official presentation

In 1955, at the age of the DS, the magazine had some good informators (or spies) at the company.

1970 : L'Auto-Journal missed front face and head lights of the GS

1974 : CX

1982 : BX

1989 : XM

In 1996, 4 years before its appearence, first drawings of the future C5 are already published.

Between 1974 and 1995, it was not only oil crisis but also paper crisis.
L'Auto-Journal reduced three times the format of its magazine. More it was small, less it was interesting ! :(

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Amazing front view of the first CX. Large tilted windscreen and single wiper were new at this time (1974).

Not totally new, the single wiper. There was one on the small coach Licorne model 1939

At Paris Motorshow 1938, the President Albert Lebrun seemed surprised by this cheap device.

The cleaned area is a bit reduced

Prototype 2CV 1939 had also a single wiper

The long wiper of the CX (60 centimeters)

After Citroën, Fiat, Mercedes, Jaguar assembled also on some models a single wiper.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

President Charles de Gaulle on Citroën stand in 1966.
Car without compromise, the DS is like the general. On this photo, because of the lens, Pierre Bercot, the Citroën president on the right, seems as tall as General de Gaulle :p

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Brakes control of early ID19 like the one that winned Monte-Carlo Rally in 1959

To reduce the cost, modern DS disk brakes were operated by a basic master cylinder like the one of the Traction

At the opposite of a DS control, the brake pedal was too hard for the driver and brakes were deficient. Quickly, Citroën had to find a solution. In 1958, the constructor added a high pressure assistance to the master cylinder. It was better but allways no repartition system according the load like on a DS.
We'll find again this system later for the clutch control of CX Prestige.

In 1961, Citroën search office created this brake valve, a device less expensive than DS pedal and nearly as efficient as it. This kind of valve will be kept for the GS and improved on BX and last CX.

ID19 brakes circuit starting 1961

The famous brake button of the "true" DS allows to identify it easily. This system was used also on SM models and some Citroën trucks. This brake control was at the origin of the high pressure technology (see the beginning of this thread).

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
On the precedent post I have made a mistake, the assisted clutch control of CX Prestige is not like the brakes control of first ID19 :blushing:

Behind the pedal a simple master cylinder

High pressure is added on the receiver cylinder

This system is assembled only for CX Prestige from 1979 to 1983.
Starting July 83, a new mechanical control equips all the CX 2.5 liter injection.

[

Last edited: