• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

High-Pressure Hydraulics by Citro?n

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Hydraulic gearbox of the early DS
(with low pressure pump and 38mm piston)

Semi-automatic gearbox and automatic clutch

Adjustment of the automatic clutch control, car on rollers in manufactory.
2 workers by vehicle, it is not today that we should see it !

During 20 years this hydraulic control made the exclusivity of the DS. Starting 1963, the ID19 mechanical system was proposed to customer for the same price.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Functioning of the DS hydraulic gearbox

I chose this document because of its clear coloured diagrams. Published in 1960, just before the appearence of the centrifugal regulator that was an important development of the system, it is certainly not the most current DS still travelling today. ;)

With the colours code and the arrows, I thing it's not necessary to understand French language. I hope it because I have no translated text :(
NOTA : with the time, red color can become ... pink !

To see the diagram with centrifugal regulator (from 1960 to 1975), please click below :
http://www.gayheaven.org/showpost.php?p=2816146&postcount=30

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Front deflector plates and DS motors

Visitors of the 42th Paris Motorshow 1955 could see for the first time a car without radiator-grill. A large air entrance appear under the bumper and just behind the exhaust.

The main difference from Traction engine is the new hemispheric cylinderhead in aluminium alliage. Inlet on the left, exhaust on the right, valves make a V while they are aligned on the Traction where inlet and exhaust are on the right. Spark plugs in the middle in a well bottom. The ventilator in Rilsan is a novelty at this age.

Simple carburator on ID19 and inlet integrated to the cylinderhead, same design for the DS starting 1959. Only few ID19 Normale with 11D engine of Traction were producted.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

New front face and new deflector plate for the model 63

In 1965 air entrances for the new brakes are enlarged.

Five crankshaft bearings motor for DS 19 (1985 cm3) and DS 21 (2175 cm3), a new DS version. Notice the exterior inlet pipe and ignition at the front of the cylinderhead, a special feature of DS 21 until 1969.

In 1966 the ID 19 gets also a five crankshaft bearings motor, keeping the simple carburator. No exterior inlet pipe on this engine.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

1968 : Four headlights incorporated to front fenders.

The bag that drive air to radiator since 1963.

Electronic Injection for the DS 21 in 1970

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

- When have you realized that you was no more minister ?
- When I sat at the rear of my car and it did not start ! ;) (real dialog)

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

La marge

O.K. patron

The Protectors
Notice interior headlights that light the curve before the car is turning :thumbs up:

Vincent, François, Paul et les autres

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
GS and GSA beyond the serie

1972 - GS Camargue bodyworked by Bertone

1972 - GS with flags

1977 - GS with arrows
1978 - GS Basalte, first GS limited serie

1982 - GSA Tuner

1984 - GSA Cottage

1985 - GSA Chic
In late 70's, marketing departments invented the limited series, an efficient means for kickstarting sales.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
CX beyond the serie

Imported in USA by an independant small company, these CX had no logo.

CX Prestige seen by the bodyworker Henri Chapron.

Dressed with the same fabric than Concorde, only 12 units of this CX GTI Turbo, named CX Concorde, were manufactured whose 5 for Air France staff.

Very luxurious version of the estate, CX Evasion by Heuliez is available in two models : one is derived directly from the Citroën (photo above) , the other is lengthened of about 20 centimeters (photo below).

Successful limited serie CX Leader helped to maintain the model sales until the arrival of XM.

Convertible CX Orphée by Guy Deslandes.

CXM : homemade work, the front face of XM is matching with CX.

Some close dimensions allowed to XM prototypes to keep discreet in the traffic under a CX body. Only the rear track is different. (+ 9 cm)

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
SM Espace presented by Heuliez at Paris motorshow 1971

Last version of the SM Espace assembled for Brussels motorshow 1972.
Not allowed by the administration, Venetian blind above the rear window was removed and Heuliez simplified the finition.

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Genealogy

With BX and XM, aerodynamical theories dear to Andre Lefebvre are gone at Citroën. Exit the rain-drop, plane wing profil and covered rear wheels.

As allways Traction (11 or 15, it is the same body) is used like reference :
Front track = 149 cm
Rear track = 147 cm

DS
Front track = 150 cm
Rear track = 130 cm (-17 cm compared with Traction !)

SM
Front track = 152 cm
Rear track = 132 cm
CX
Front track = 147 cm (151 cm starting 1981)
Rear track = 136 cm

XM
Front track = 152 cm
Rear track = 145 cm
On the XM the width at the rear is nearly the same than the width in front for the greatest happiness of the passengers... like in a good old Traction!

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

From G Special to SM Injection, 1975 catalog presents a large choice of hydropneumatic Citroën where old DS stand beside brand new CX.

Last edited:

jeanlouis

V.I.P Member
Reaction score

Hydropneumatic Citroën in 1976.
After the SM stopping, CX Prestige represents Citroën up'market.

Last edited: