• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What's the last or current Movie you Watched ?

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
EVOLUTION (2001)

A fire-fighting cadet, two college professors, and a geeky but sexy government scientist work against an alien organism that has been rapidly evolving since its arrival on Earth inside a meteor. Imdb

This mid-budget sci-fi comedy stars David Duchovny; Orlando Jones; Julianne Moore and Dan Ackroyd and is directed by Ivan Reitman..... but it's not that great.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
YOUNG IP MAN : CRISIS TIME (2020)

In 1917 young Ip Man first came to Hong Kong to study, but his peaceful campus life was unexpectedly broken. A shocking hostage situation occurred on the day when the school held an English speech contest. Imdb

This chinese martial arts movie is really bad. The fight scenes are terrible, as is the acting and plot. It's supposedly an early one in a series of IP Man movies. another is currently on R@kutenTV so I'll give that a watch - hoping for an improvement

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
THE KILLER (2023)

After a fateful near-miss, an assassin battles his employers and himself, on an international manhunt he insists isn't personal. Imdb

Michael Fassbender stars in this film-noir about an assassin. It's directed by David Fincher with his typical style and starts very slowly before getting going. I liked it.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
A BITTERSWEET LIFE (2005)

When high-ranking gangster Young Sun-woo refuses to follow his boss Kanga's orders, things become ugly and turn into a gang war.......

This excellent Korean action movie stars the always watchable Lee Byung-hun. You may not know the name but he was in Red2; Squid Game; G.I Joe and the superb I Saw The Devil to name just a few. This is not a run of the mill slappy;hitty;stabby;shooty gangland fightout movie - it has all that but there are a few comedic moments and a philosophical undercurrent to it........ along with the beautifully shot ultra-violence.

Recommended.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
A HARD PROBLEM (2021)

While packing up his childhood home after the death of his mother, Ian struggles to reconnect with his estranged sister. Along with the help of a stranger, Ian processes his past and comes to terms with his future. Imdb

I grabbed this as it stars Johnny Berchtold who I saw in The Passenger and he was great in that. He is really good in this too. I knew 1% of sod-all about this film apart from who it starred and that he plays a character coming to terms with the death of his mother..... and in many ways that's the best way to come to this - totally blind. It takes it's time to tell it's story and for the first 30mins or so there is very little dialogue but there are clues that there is "something" in Ian's history then it begins to take shape. It's a bittersweet, deep, poignant and introspective movie beautifully filmed with an atmospheric soundtrack. I'm sure lots of people will find it too slow or not interesting enough but I enjoyed it and I expect it will still be on my mind tomorrow.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
NEXT GOAL WINS (2023)

The story of the American Samoa soccer team, who suffered the worst loss in World Cup history, losing to Australia 31-0 in 2001. With the 2014 World Cup approaching, the team recruits a down on his luck, maverick coach to help turn their fate around. Imdb

"Inspired by true events" says the caption at the beginning of this movie about the underdog footy team, written & directed by Taika Waititi. Just by reading the synopsis above you will already have guessed how the story pans out but that doesn't matter. It's not perfect, for me the football match at the end took a bit too long but it's sentimental & heartwarming, a funny feelgood film. Stars Michael Fassbender as "coach" so a much different role to the movie with him I watched earlier in the week - THE KILLER

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON (2000)

A young Chinese warrior steals a sword from a famed swordsman and then escapes into a world of romantic adventure with a mysterious man in the frontier of the nation. Imdb

This Ang Lee (Life OF Pi) directed classic, beautifully filmed and with some great balletic fight scenes totally wowwed me when I first saw it. It has lost a little of that punch and sadly I think it's been superceeded by such as House Of Flying Daggers and the totally awesome HERO.....

...It still has huge kudos for starring the great Michelle Yeoh - star of the awesome EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

Last edited:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
LIE WITH ME (2022)

Upon agreeing to be the brand ambassador for a famous cognac celebrating their bicentennial, novelist Stéphane Belcourt returns to his hometown for the first time in many years. Once there, he meets his first love's son, Lucas. Memories come rushing back to him: irrepressible attraction, bodies becoming one in the heat of desire, a passion that can never be revealed... His first love's name was Thomas. They were 17. (IMDb)

A very touchingly and quiet French film about a lost love and the end of a life long sadness. A marvelous told story --- very recommended!

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
PLANE (2023)

A pilot finds himself caught in a war zone after he's forced to land his commercial aircraft during a terrible storm. Imdb

So it's a Gerard Butler action movie - very silly and not his best but still a lot of fun.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
EL RAPTO (2023) Argentina

Following the overthrow of the cruel dictatorship that had supplanted the country's long-standing democracy, Julio returns to Argentina with his family. After his brother is abducted he takes the lead in negotiations with the perpetrators. (IMDb)

This is a political as well as an economic drama and yes it seems very interesting. But perhaps I must watch this film for a second
or a third time to understand why things happened as they happened. In one word: confusing!

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
UPGRADED (2024)

When Ana is upgraded to first class on a work trip, she meets handsome Will, who mistakes Ana for her boss, Claire. A white lie then sets off a glamorous chain of events, romance and opportunity, until her fib threatens to surface. (IMDb)

Really an amazing, wonderful rom-com. A good time to cuddle on the couch. If you are a romantic person -- this film is a MUST WATCH for you!

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
BAD CITY (2022)

Kaiko City is plagued with poverty and crime. When a corrupt businessman decides to run for mayor and starts eliminating opponents from the rival mafia, a former police captain serving time for murder is secretly released and put in charge of a special task force to arrest him. Imdb

This Japanese Yakusa vs Korean mafia vs cops is ok - but not as much fun as most of the Korean movies I have seen with similar plots

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
JERRY & MARGE GO LARGE (2022) no trailer - too many spoilers

Based on the true story about long-married couple Jerry and Marge Selbee, who win the lottery and use the money to revive their small town after retiree Jerry Selbee discovers a mathematical loophole in the Massachusetts lottery.

This popped up on the All4 streamer here in the UK. I didn't know anything about it but decided to give it a watch and it turns out it's a little gem. A great script, with some very funny dialogue, a heartwarming story, bittersweet at times and pretty much most of it is true.

The two reasons I decided to give it a watch - Jerry & Marge are played by Brian Cranston & Annette Bening who are both superb, as you would expect. Recommended.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
DOWN LOW (2023) no trailer - too many spoilers

An outrageous comedy about one wild night, a deeply repressed man, the twink who gives him a happy ending, and all the lives they ruin along the way.

This raunchy darkly comedic goofball movie stars Zachary Quinto & Lukas Gage. It starts off a little slow but gradually cranks up and the zany absurdity takes over in the second half. It's very funny in places but bittersweet too.

If anyone is interested it has been shared here....

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
In the last days we've watched three movies.

1. KINGDOM (2019 Japan)

Forced into slavery in ancient China two boys become like brothers. Aspiring to be free one day they train to hone their skills. The training almost pays off, but one of them is whisked away by one of the emperor's men before its completion. The dream of reuniting with his brother are dashed when the older boy returns mortally wounded only to extract a promise from his younger friend to visit a location. There has been a coup in the palace and the Emperor is bereft of his throne and supporters. (IMDb)

It is a great epos (134 Min.) of the very old Chinese history, or what we think that it could have been so. Nonetheless a good film with great fight scenes. Now we want to watch in the next days KINGDOM II from 2022.

2. THE BOYS IN THE BOAT (2023 USA) directed by George Clooney!

The Boys in the Boat is a sports drama based on the #1 New York Times bestselling non-fiction novel written by Daniel James Brown. The film, directed by George Clooney, is about the 1936 University of Washington rowing team that competed for gold at the Summer Olympics in Berlin. This inspirational true story follows a group of underdogs at the height of the Great Depression as they are thrust into the spotlight and take on elite rivals from around the world. (IMDb)

I like so much great Bio-Pics or sport dramas. And this one was marvellous. Never before I was in any way interested in rowing and so I was totally clueless about what it means for a coach to manage 8 young men which never before have done this sport and to reach in the end the Gold-Medal in the Olympic Games in Berlin 1936. 8 young men who haven't known before each other and who have been until the end of their life friends forever.VERY RECOMMENDED

3. ANATOMY OF A FALL (2023 France)

The story begins when Samuel is found dead in the snow outside the isolated chalet where he lived with his wife Sandra, a German writer, and their partially-sighted 11-year-old son Daniel. An investigation leads to a conclusion of "suspicious death": it's impossible to know for sure whether he took his own life or was killed. Sandra is indicted, and we follow her trial which pulls the couple's relationship apart. Daniel is caught in the middle: between the trial and their home life, doubts take their toll on the mother-son relationship. (IMDb)

When I saw at first that this film will last for 151 Minutes - I didn't want to watch it ... "too long" my first thought. But believe me I didn't realize at the end that it really lastet for 2,5 hours. A highly dramatic courtroom drama. This film has got 5 Oscar nominations. And I hope that Sandra Hüller (a German actress) will get it. Great movie - and if you like courtroom dramas, this is the right film for you!

And now it's time to go to bed. Good night my friends till tomorrow - or the day after tomorrow or ........... 😘

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
In the last days we've watched three movies.

3. ANATOMY OF A FALL (2023 France)

The story begins when Samuel is found dead in the snow outside the isolated chalet where he lived with his wife Sandra, a German writer, and their partially-sighted 11-year-old son Daniel. An investigation leads to a conclusion of "suspicious death": it's impossible to know for sure whether he took his own life or was killed. Sandra is indicted, and we follow her trial which pulls the couple's relationship apart. Daniel is caught in the middle: between the trial and their home life, doubts take their toll on the mother-son relationship. (IMDb)

When I saw at first that this film will last for 151 Minutes - I didn't want to watch it ... "too long" my first thought. But believe me I didn't realize at the end that it really lastet for 2,5 hours. A highly dramatic courtroom drama. This film has got 5 Oscar nominations. And I hope that Sandra Hüller (a German actress) will get it. Great movie - and if you like courtroom dramas, this is the right film for you!

And now it's time to go to bed. Good night my friends till tomorrow - or the day after tomorrow or ........... 😘

Like you, I had thought that a long long courtroom drama would not be that interesting and so decided not to grab a copy.... but maybe we were wrong? Anyway I just grabbed one and it's on the USB for watching sometime. I guess I'm going to have to wait until I'm in the right kind of mood to enjoy it. If I'm looking for action; jokes & CGI then I'll be choosing something else.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
Like you, I had thought that a long long courtroom drama would not be that interesting and so decided not to grab a copy.... but maybe we were wrong? Anyway I just grabbed one and it's on the USB for watching sometime. I guess I'm going to have to wait until I'm in the right kind of mood to enjoy it. If I'm looking for action; jokes & CGI then I'll be choosing something else.
Let me tell you that you will be out of conceit with this film. It really will mesmerize you.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
MARRY MY DEAD BODY (2022)

One day a police officer finds a red wedding envelope, only to find out that the owner is in fact a ghost asking for the officer's hand in marriage before reincarnation. What will happen when a human and a ghost form a special bond? Imdb

This Taiwanese movie has one of the goofyest plots you will see. Full of delightful silliness, at times romantic and at times very funny ...... and as to the ending, well no spoiler but it threw me.

And if you fancy it there are links here....

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
AMERICAN FICTION (2023)

Jeffrey Wright stars as Monk, a frustrated novelist who's fed up with the establishment profiting from "Black" entertainment that relies on tired and offensive tropes. To prove his point, Monk uses a pen name to write his own outlandish "Black" book--that propels him into the heart of hypocrisy and the madness he claims to disdain. Imdb

I knew very little about this, other than "It's a new movie with Jeffrey Wright" and t.b.h. that was enough as Mr Wright is one of those names which, along with the likes of Barry Keoghan; Donald Sutherland; Brendan Gleeson; George McKay; Gerard Butler; Tom Hanks; Will Poulter; Gary Oldman; Sam Rockwell; John Turturro; Colin Farrell & Tom Hardy ... when you see them in the cast list you think "Okay, I'm in". I wasn't sure that this was a "Saturday night; Pizza & bottle of wine movie" and 30 mins in I was still not sure as it was a slow start with no shooty/kicky/stabby/car chasey/CGI action. As it turns out it is a sharp character based dark satire on the literary/movie/Hollywood/entertainment society weaving amongst a bittersweet drama. I liked it - and the pizza & Sauvignon blanc too!