• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What's the last or current Movie you Watched ?

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
NAPOLEON (2023)

An epic that details the checkered rise and fall of French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte and his relentless journey to power through the prism of his addictive, volatile relationship with his wife, Josephine. Imdb

This Ridley Scott diredted movie starring Joaquin Phoenix could be referred to as an epic. Yes the battle scenes are very well done but overall I thought it was too long and dragged in places.
Hey Slimjim, this evening we will watch an old film from 1970 about the last battle of Napoleon - called WATERLOO. And here will be Rod Steiger Napoleon.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
THE BRICKLAYER (2023)

Steve Vail, a seasoned ex-CIA operative, is drawn back into the shadows to confront a formidable extortionist threatening the agency's very existence. As the stakes escalate, he must rely on his instincts and training to outwit his adversaries, uncover their true motives, and protect the secrets that could compromise national security. Imdb

Aaron Eckhart stars - presumably because Jason Statham was dealing with a big shark or something and Liam Neeson was already busy punching somebody in a different film. It's very formulaic. The big fight in the workshop is reminiscent of the one in NOBODY the car chase in the rustic village is similar to NO TIME TO DIE the fight in the rain on the roof is from BLADERUNNER etc etc. Forgetable.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
WATERLOO (1970)

After defeating France and imprisoning Napoleon on Elba, ending two decades of war, Europe is shocked to find Napoleon has escaped and has caused the French Army to defect from the King back to him. The best of the British generals, the Duke of Wellington, beat Napolean's best generals in Spain and Portugal, but has never faced Napoleon. Wellington stands between Napoleon with a makeshift Anglo-Allied army and the Prussians. A Napoleon victory will plunge Europe back into a long term war. An allied victory could bring long term peace to Europe. The two meet at Waterloo where the fate of Europe will be decided. (IMDb)

Wow ... wow ... and once more wow! We have just watched NAPOLEON (Joaquin Phoenix) from 2023 (158 min) and we said it was GREAT!
And now we watched WATERLOO (Rod Steiger as Napoleon) (134 min) from 1970. And very very honestly Rod Steiger was the much better Napoleon. He didn't act as Napoleon - he WAS Napoleon! This film was 20 min shorter than the new one but it has had much more power. It startet with the exciled Napoleon to Elba (very short) than his return (was much better shown as in the new one!) and his way to Waterloo. The battle scenes have had more - much more - power as in the new one. This really was an "epic historical drama)! If you have seen NAPOLEON (2023) you SHOULD watch now WATERLOO (1970)! I only can commend this film more than highly to you! Both of us we'll be over the moon with this film!

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
PAST LIVES (2023)... no trailer as they all show the characters as childhood friends.

Nora and Hae Sung, two deeply connected childhood friends, are wrested apart after Nora's family emigrates from South Korea. Twenty years later, they are reunited for one fateful week as they confront notions of love and destiny. Imdb

By coincidence I grabbed a copy of this at the weekend then a UK film critic had put it on his list of Best Films of 2023 then today I saw that it has got an Oscar nomination for Best Film so thought I'd better give this decades-spanning love story a watch. Some might find it too slow but I thought it was a beautiful, heartrending bittersweet emotional story, captivatingly filmed and edited, particularly in the use of the cityscapes. A wonderfully atmospheric soundtrack too. The performances are really good, conveying much without saying anything. It is the directorial debut too for Celine Song. Recommended.

edit ....I cannot get this sublime beautiful film out of my head today.

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
THEATER CAMP (2023)..... no trailer - because why should you suffer

The eccentric staff of a rundown theater camp in upstate New York must band together with the beloved founder's bro-y son to keep the camp afloat. Imdb

I looked for this as it got recommended through one of those "if you love this then try this..." algorithyms. My search was getting nowhere then I realised I was using the England spelling of Theatre and this uses the USA Theater. As it turns out it didn't matter in the end as this is awful. It's a mockumentary with some terrible acting and terrible singing. It got lots of really great reviews but I nearly turned it off after about 10mins and only managed 10 more mins. before killing it....The upside is 2.76Gb more room on the usb

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
WAR ON EVERYONE (2016)

Two corrupt cops set out to blackmail and frame every criminal unfortunate enough to cross their path. Events, however, are complicated by the arrival of someone who appears to be even more dangerous than they are. Imdb

I originally watched this about a year ago. It doesn't really warrant re-watch.

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
ALL OF US STRANGERS (2023)

One night in his near-empty tower block in contemporary London, Adam has a chance encounter with a mysterious neighbour Harry, which punctures the rhythm of his everyday life. As a relationship develops between them, Adam is preoccupied with memories of the past and finds himself drawn back to the suburban town where he grew up, and his childhood home...............

I deliberately chose the teaser clip as the trailers give too much away, as do most plot synopsis which is why I have edited the one I used. I think maybe it's best to see this knowing very little about the plot. The 4 main cast Andrew Scott; Paul Mescal; Claire Foy and Jamie Bell are all great, Andrew Scott in particular is superb as the vunerable Adam. As you will see on the teaser the critics absolutely loved it. I wasn't as bowled over as the glowing 5* reviews but I did enjoy it.

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
WONKA (2023)

With dreams of opening a shop in a city renowned for its chocolate, a young and poor Willy Wonka discovers that the industry is run by a cartel of greedy chocolatiers. Imdb

I decided to give this a watch as I had a chocolate sponge pudding with hot chocolate sauce for dessert (I don't usually have dessert but I bought this one 'cos I knew I would have some double cream left after cooking my chicken with onion; peppers; garlic in a paprika; oregano, cheese and double cream sauce - well that was my excuse). Anyway I timed eating dessert to the start of the movie

This is not a re-make of the original Gene Wilder movie or the Johnny Depp remake so no Golden Ticket or any of that. It has it's own plot and has Timotie Shampoo as Wonka. Problem I had with it is the songs, I'm not really a fan of musicals but some I can watch, this one I couldn't - well not after about 35/40 mins.

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
SULLY (2016)

When pilot Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger lands his damaged plane on the Hudson River in order to save the flight's passengers and crew, some consider him a hero while others think he was reckless. Imdb

Tom Hanks is the captain and Aaron Eckhart is his co-pilot so no issues with the performances and given that just about everyone will have known about the incident, and how it ended, it is to the credit of director Clint Eastwood that it is still dramatic and has a couple of white-knuckle moments

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
SCARFACE (1983)

In 1980 Miami, a determined Cuban immigrant takes over a drug cartel and succumbs to greed. Imdb

I hadn't seen this in years. The stars - Al Pacino; Michelle Pfieffer; Robert Loggia; F.Murray Abrahams; Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio etc may have aged well, sadly the film hasn't.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
THE BEEKEEPER (2024)

One man's brutal campaign for vengeance takes on national stakes after he is revealed to be a former operative of a powerful and clandestine organization known as "Beekeepers". (IMDb)

Jason Statham at his best. Don't ask for logic - it IS an ACTION banger!!! And it is awsome - great entertainment. 105 minutes - gone in a moment! And the last scene will surely tell us, that there will be a sequel in the future - and I hope in the very NEAR future! For action fans - very recommended!

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
HITMAN (2007)

A gun-for-hire known only as Agent 47 hired by a group known only as 'The Organization' is ensnared in a political conspiracy, which finds him pursued by both Interpol and the Russian military as he treks across Russia and Eastern Europe. Imdb

I have been waiting to get a copy of the new HITMAN (2024) and for a moment thought this was that movie - until I spotted the date. I decided to give it a watch anyway and after a few minutes realised I had seen it before. From the Imdb plot synopsis above you will know what you are getting. it's cliched and you can pretty much guess what is coming but it's worth a watch - lot's of slappy/punchy/stabby/shooty stuff, plenty of action. Timothy Oliphant & Dougray Scott star.

I am getting Beekeeper as I type.

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
WATERLOO (1970)

Facing the decline of everything he has worked to obtain, conqueror Napoleon Bonaparte and his army confront the British at the Battle of Waterloo.

Having seen the new NAPOLEON movie and now this one, following Shelter's recommendation, I think Rod Stieger does a much better job at portraying him than Joaquim Phoenix. I think both films are too long, for example this one could have cut quite a lot of the scene of dancing at a country manor. The battle scene here is more dynamic than those in the new one and this movie is 54 yrs old!. If anyone fancies watching it then the full movie (Remasterd & HD) is available on YoooooTooobe.

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
JOE BELL (2022) ... no trailer due to actor age

The true story of a small-town, working-class father who embarks on a walk across the U.S. to crusade against bullying after his son is tormented in high school for being gay. Meanwhile, he realizes he is instead missing out on his family life back at home. Imdb

This is a not an easy watch and although mawkish at times it's heart is in the right place. Mark Wahlberg turns in one of his best performances and Reid Miller is very good too.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
JOE BELL (2022) ... no trailer due to actor age

The true story of a small-town, working-class father who embarks on a walk across the U.S. to crusade against bullying after his son is tormented in high school for being gay. Meanwhile, he realizes he is instead missing out on his family life back at home. Imdb

This is a not an easy watch and although mawkish at times it's heart is in the right place. Mark Wahlberg turns in one of his best performances and Reid Miller is very good too.
This is a movie everyone here should have watched! Slimjim is right: Not an easy watch! But one of very few movies you should have watched. Very recommended!

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
SOMETHING LIKE SUMMER (2017)

Something Like Summer traces the tumultuous relationship of Ben and Tim, secret high school sweethearts who grow over the years into both adulthood enemies and complicated friends. Imdb

Don't bother. The main actors might be good looking but the acting is pretty awful, so is the script AND it's a bloody musical. Just under 2hrs long - I made it to about 45mins, until I'd had enough. Still it's another 2.2Gb freed up on the usb!

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
THE ETRUSCAN SMILE also known as RORY'S WAY (2018) .. no trailer due to cast member age

Rory MacNeil, a rugged old Scotsman, travels to San Francisco to seek medical treatment. He moves in with his estranged son Ian, as he sees his life getting transformed through a newfound bond with his baby grandson. Imdb

This bittersweet, sentimental story might have come across more like a twee soap opera or a TV movie given the script and the direction but some (at times) beautiful cinematography and Brian Cox's excellent performance saves it - just. Rosanna Arquette; Tim Matheson; Clive Russell & Treat Williams also appear,

Last edited:

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
RANSOMED (2023)

A young Korean diplomat is assigned the task of carrying the ransom money to rescue an abducted diplomat in Lebanon, and a local taxi driver accidently gets involved in the mission. Imdb

This Korean movie was pointed my way via one of those "If you like this you might like this...." algorithyms. I grabbed a copy but it had no subtitles and I could only find 1 file for the subtitles. I started watching the movie, struggling at times 'cos the subs were pretty poor. There were no translations for captions on screen, e.g. for buildings or cities and messages written down weren't translated either but I kept going. Things got worse once the action switched to Beirut as most of the Arabic dialogue wasn't subbed to english, but it was subbed to korean!! It was ok at the airport as I could still follow what was happening but at around the 45mins mark we got to the kidnappers discussing their plans (well I'm guessing that's what they were doing) there was no point in trying to follow the plot anymore so I reluctantly gave up. Shame as it was going ok and what makes it worse is that I hadn't seen the trailer before starting the movie but watched it as I posted it here and the trailer looks like it would have turned out to be a good film.

Last edited: