• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What's your language?

What's your language?

• Total voters
Z

zooty

I speak Afrikaans. But I grew up with a mixture of British and American TV, so speak English well, but I'm told with a unique accent. (And that's not the one the South African cop had in district 9 :p )

gerunc

Reaction score
I am german and speak german of course. i also speak english good enough to do some conversations. I love the italian language and will try to take some lessons.

creslinwest

Reaction score
English is my first, I'm pretty fluent at Slovak and I'm currently trying to learn Swedish.

samuelashley

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
I am a fluent Spanish speaker, with English as my native :)

samuelashley

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
Zooty, the Afrikaans dialect on English is incredibly sexy.

Just talk to me.... hah ;)

loki19b

Reaction score
Polish is my mothers language, so I also understand a lot of other Slavic languages as Czech or Russian. I also speak English.

lovetosuckcock

Reaction score
My mother tongue is English.

I used to be able to speak, read, and write German when I lived in Germany. I've lost most of my German since I moved away from there quite a few years ago. The easiest to understand German that I ever found is the dialect of Vorarlberg, Austria.

I have a very limited capability in French and even less so in all of the other Romance languages.

camyoo

Reaction score
Commendably, most Europeans are multi-lingual. In the USA, sadly, foreign language study seems to have almost disappeared from the high schools and universities. Most of the bi-lingual or multi-lingual people here are immigrants for whom English is not their first language.

My native language is English. I was fluent in Spanish when I was younger, but, as they say, "use it or lose it", and I am losing my Spanish from non-use.

cavonzia

Reaction score
1.Javanese (eastern version) ~ My main language since i was born,but pretty hard to talk especially for smooth line
2.Bahasa Indonesia ~ My country language,always using it
3.English ~ The only foreign language that i can understand pretty well,but not fluent when talking
4.Japanese ~ Know just a little bit for the meaning of the words,sing it regularly

frank-willy

Reaction score
My mother tongue is German
my English is horrible
and I should speak French
because I live in France.
all my Latin and old Greek i have learned is forgotten.

S

SimplyJakeAndAlex

I speak three dialects of French (Quebec, France & Haitian Creole), two dialects of Spanish (Dominican Republic & Spain), Canadian English (with, let's face it, a strong French accent, but still can be widely understood) and Tagalog (My son's mothertongue along side with French). I used to be fluent in German, but forgot pretty much all of it. Italian used to be the third important language in Montreal, and since I was friend with so many of them I started speaking Italian and was getting pretty good at it... since I had learned medieval Italian when I was singing opera, but I moved and so did the language. And last but not the least I can speak old Latin.

Ramjet

GayHeaven's Hottie
Reaction score
Primary language = Dutch
fluent in English
I'm able to understand, though not speak, German
and I also know some French, Spanish and Cantonese

Baron V.

Reaction score
My native language is English! And I'm studying Italian in school!

M

modernaire

I. Greek ('cus I'm greek)
II. English ('cus I always liked it)
III. German ('cus 13 years now [since I was 7] I'm living in Germany)

Some years ago I started learning Italian as a hobby but then just lost interest, I still really like it though. I now wanna get into portuguese, brasilian portuguese. I really love it!

Quietus666

Reaction score
My native language is Slovak. (Slovakia is a tiny little country in Europe :D ). However I also speak English, German and Spanish. :) I'm studying French and Swedish too.

ran196

Reaction score
Primary Language is English and Hmong
know basic Thai and Laotian

dummaque

Reaction score
Hi, I'm dorky, how are you?

I speak three dialects of French (Quebec, France & Haitian Creole)

Haitian Creole wouldn't ordinarily be categorized as a dialect of French, but as a, well, creole, a nascent/new language whose life span can be measured in decades, rather than centuries. Haitian Creole is a sapling to the ancient redwood that is French.

The boundary between "a dialect" and a distinct language can be blurry and influenced more by politics than common ground and degrees of intelligibility. For instance, Catalan was regarded for years as a dialect of Spanish or French (or more intolerantly, as "Bad Spanish/French"), but is currently recognized as a distinct language. And while Catalan is spoken in Valencia, it is referred to vociferously as VALENCIAN. A more volatile example would be that of the Baltic states (Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian/Montenegrin/etc.)

Creoles arise in a time and place where people from different backgrounds without a common language are forced to live and communicate with each other for whatever length of time. What forms first is a pidgin- simple phrases from the languages spoken by the population to fill the need for basic communication (We have water? Where is the bathroom? Let's fuck!). Pidgins only last as long as the contact situation. Should the population become relatively stable, with children being born and raised in this environment where a pidgin has become a common parlance, the conditions for a creole arise. The children take that existing pidgin as the basis for their mother tongue, but transform it and fill in whatever grammatical gaps the pidgin hadn't filled or addressed (such as tenses, prepositions, word order, stress patterns).

Studies of creoles show a great deal of common ground in terms of grammar, despite the source languages having no relationship to each other and minimal commonality, suggesting the existence of a Universal Grammar, an idea mostly attributed to Noam Chomsky. Think of it as humans are born with some degree of "factory programming" with regards on language and how to use it.

Off topic, but I'm a language dork and couldn't resist!

And to answer the actual question posed, I am an anglophone reasonably competent in Spanish, and I very briefly studied Catalan.