• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

When and how was your "Coming Out"?

Reaction score

I came out to my mother when I was 18. To my father, a year later (they were divorced).

Mom's reaction: [Scoff] Oh, you dont know what you are. This is not something Im going to discuss with you.

Dad's reaction: [Laughs] Good lord, when you said you had something important to tell me, I swear, I almost said, 'hey youre not gonna tell me youre queer or something, are ya? [Laughs] Lucky I didnt say that, huh?"

Within a year thereafter, my mother's husband announced I was not allowed to visit any more. My father stopped contributing to my college expenses and I became estranged from my family. Dad died in 1995; I hadnt spoken to him in almost 10 years. Mom died in 2001; I hadnt spoken to her in nearly 15 years.

Their loss.
===

Wow, I hate families like that, but I'm sorry they died though. X(

Hope your doing great for yourself. :thumbs up::x

Jamie

The Restless Soul
Reaction score
They're dead. Im not. I win. :)

hmm...no matter how they treat you they`re still your parents...my mom didn`t understand a lot of thing about me wither and I hated thesituation I was in and somehow felt some hate for my mom too but trust me, when I saw her dying in front of me, in my arms, i did`t know what to do: die with her, kill myself, cry my heart out, stop eating maybe i`ll die, I smoked 5 packs of ciggs in one day and drank more than 5 liters of coffee in the same day maybe maybe...nothing. I am here with pain and guess what? ALl the times she didn`t understand me, the times I hated her or the times I blamed her for things, I want all that back! but I want her alive! You saying that you won cause you`re still alive, makes me think u`re a cold hearted man.Sorry.

Jamie

The Restless Soul
Reaction score
you don´t know him so you can´t say he is generally a cold hearted guy.

Yeah...if he would have said it like: "well, after all these years they`re dead and somehow I feel like I`m free in my soul and somehow I won the battle cause now they can`t judge me anymore and I don`t have to live with the thought that they denied me and haven`t seen them in so many years, etc" I would`ve understood. But again, maybe he is just cheap at words. Nevermind...every one with his/her opinions and image on life and all.

kyleovision

Reaction score
Perhaps I am cold-hearted-- Ive been accused of it before. Perhaps Im bitter-- that wouldn't be a surprise. Or perhaps my attitude fits the situation.

Not everyone loves his parents. Not every parent loves his child. Is it important who first stopped loving whom?

S

Squallmuzza

I came out to my parents as 'my boyfriend is meeting me at x place, can I get a lift?'

And to friends, I was busy ogling my boyfriend at the time (topless pics) in IT class, some bitchy girl near me whispered 'I think Sam (my name) is bi'. At which point I leant back and whispered 'No, he's gay actually, but thanks for caring enough to whisper loudly'.

True story ^_^

X

XMan101

I came out to my parents as 'my boyfriend is meeting me at x place, can I get a lift?'

And to friends, I was busy ogling my boyfriend at the time (topless pics) in IT class, some bitchy girl near me whispered 'I think Sam (my name) is bi'. At which point I leant back and whispered 'No, he's gay actually, but thanks for caring enough to whisper loudly'.

True story ^_^

Thanks for whispering loudly :))

Love it ! what was her reaction? :p

X

XMan101

Perhaps I am cold-hearted-- Ive been accused of it before. Perhaps Im bitter-- that wouldn't be a surprise. Or perhaps my attitude fits the situation.

Not everyone loves his parents. Not every parent loves his child. Is it important who first stopped loving whom?

Very true ;) I'm lucky with mine but I've known others who weren't so understanding. I can fully appreciate why you might feel bitter.

It's a fact, you can't choose your family, and if things don't go right they don't go right. I don't see why you have to like them simply because they are related. In many cases it's friends who are closer than family ;)

S

Squallmuzza

Thanks for whispering loudly :))

Love it ! what was her reaction? :p

'Oh.... Well um.... why?'

That girl was one of the most intelligent in my school.

I like to think I've come a long way! XD

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
My parents first asked me if I was gay when I was 13. I was seeing/messing around with a guy near my age in the neighborhood. I wasn't ready to talk about it then. Looking back I realize it should have been obvious to everyone since about Day One!

I finally worked up the nerve to tell my parents when I got to college. Their reaction, and I quote, "Oh, honey -- that's old news. We've known forever. Just don't tell your grandmother, she wouldn't understand. So...are you going out tonight or staying and watching the game? I made chili!"

It was kind of anticlimactic. They've been very supportive, welcomed my boyfriends, and enjoy hanging out with my friends.

On the other hand, when my brother went off to college he had a 'coming out' of his own. As a Republican! My mother's reaction: "Thank god your grandfather is dead, because this would have killed him! Where did we go wrong?"

Yeah, I got lucky in the Parent Lottery.

G

goejavin

On the other hand, when my brother went off to college he had a 'coming out' of his own. As a Republican! My mother's reaction: "Thank god your grandfather is dead, because this would have killed him! Where did we go wrong?"

Yeah, I got lucky in the Parent Lottery.

You did indeed get lucky....thats funny about your bro....The two things my parents would have bigger issues with than me being gay are

1) if I was a republican (which I'm not)
2) if I was something other than catholic (even though I'm not a practicing anything)

Either one, and I would get the same reaction as your brother did!!!

taurus2904

Obstinatician
Reaction score
My mom's side of the family is brimming with lesbians, mom excluded, and I think one of her uncles might have been gay but it was a much different time back then. So, I shouldn't have been surprised by their reaction to my queerness. Also, her side of the family is somewhat nonconformist; her father's branch is fully-leafed with rabblerousers, all democrats back to 1740.

My brother was something of a wild child growing up and he could get away with murder. The irony of him becoming a republican, and subsequently a wet blanket at any gathering, is a mystery to most of us.

nothan007

Reaction score
There is only one person that knows im gay . and she is a lesbian :) we met some kind of a meeting about gay rights .

luckily we are in the same college and at the same department she is only a year older than me . i had seen her in some classes before we met.unfortunately we hadn't talked .

there was a gay community and they were having meeting about gay rights and homophobia last year.when she saw me at the meeting and she immediately recognized:) she smiled and said "here you are" :) i panicked and said "no im just making a homework about homophobia "then i said OK IM GAY :) we started to talk and she said she was lesbian too :D :D

i have known her since than , and she is everything to me :) she is the only one who knows im gay . she is the only one that i can talk about guys . she is the only one who listens to me .

i wish i would come out more people but i live in very strict society that i have to always hide my sexual ID. i always have to be careful . if i would come out , my friends would refuse to talk to me (even my best friends) and i cant imagine what would my parents do . probably my dad would kill me . i sometimes feel like im getting insane .. i dont know maybe in the future , i will tell more people if i really really trust .