• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest 2014

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score

And remember, you cannot vote for your own country but you can vote for Slovenia! :p

I hope that the folks in Europe vote for Slovenia. I think is a good song and I think that it probably won't qualify due to the fact that there aren't that much Slovenian neighbours this year.
Also Hannah didn't deserve to came last in 2013. She deserved to qualify to the final IMHO.

ESC really sucks!

I don't think so. You just have to see the production of the whole thing, I mean just look at those amazing stages they've set up in the last years.

Maybe some or most of the songs are rubbish but you have to see whole thing and not just focus on the bad things.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
I hope that the folks in Europe vote for Slovenia. I think is a good song and I think that it probably won't qualify due to the fact that there aren't that much Slovenian neighbours this year.

You are right! We can expect some points only from one ex-Yugoslav country: MonteNegro.

franklyn

Reaction score
This song "competition" has become the Eastern European X-FUCKTOR and it a total waste of time. Putin says and they others do and the rest of Europe just doesn't count!

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
I've choosed my favorite song of this year and it is the one from The Netherlands: "Calm After The Storm" by The Common Linnets.
Though I think that it probably won't advance to the final :worried:

BTW here's a video of this years stage:

The rehearsals start this Monday :D

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
THX for the info, Mario! Glad to see this thread is still alive. :D

btw, Tinkara made a video clip to promote her song Round & Round...simple & nice :thumbs up:

If this was Sweden, then it would be a forerunner for the win! I hope that Slovenia won't be underrated again! ;)

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
THX for the info, Mario! Glad to see this thread is still alive. :D

btw, Tinkara made a video clip to promote her song Round & Round...simple & nice :thumbs up:

If this was Sweden, then it would be a forerunner for the win! I hope that Slovenia won't be underrated again! ;)
Really nice song & movie :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

I've already said that I will vote for Slovenia, but the real reason is that haiducii is a great guy & I know that it would make him glad :big hug:

That's reason enough for me...:):):)

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
I've already said that I will vote for Slovenia, but the real reason is that haiducii is a great guy & I know that it would make him glad :big hug:

tumblrn22q.gif

Thank you! You are sweeter than candy... :D

warrenxx

Reaction score
It is a complete waste of time and money. There are far too many countries competing now. They have preliminary rounds to get rid of some before the main contest. It's funny how the UK, who contributes some of the highest amounts of money, is automatically put forward for the main competition. Some countries, like Ireland, who found it such a drain when they hosted it, have deliberately sabotaged their chances in recent years. I think they even went as far as to put a puppet forward to represent them. Add to the fact that the song is irrelevant and instead countries vote for the countries they have good relationships with and the whole things becomes a farce. I hope to god the UK doesn't win it and we have to pour more money down the drain hosting the sorry excuse for entertainment. I sound anti Europe, but I am not. I value it and our part in it. I just think this boring spectacle has long had its day.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
It is a complete waste of time and money. There are far too many countries competing now. They have preliminary rounds to get rid of some before the main contest. It's funny how the UK, who contributes some of the highest amounts of money, is automatically put forward for the main competition. Some countries, like Ireland, who found it such a drain when they hosted it, have deliberately sabotaged their chances in recent years. I think they even went as far as to put a puppet forward to represent them. Add to the fact that the song is irrelevant and instead countries vote for the countries they have good relationships with and the whole things becomes a farce. I hope to god the UK doesn't win it and we have to pour more money down the drain hosting the sorry excuse for entertainment. I sound anti Europe, but I am not. I value it and our part in it. I just think this boring spectacle has long had its day.

I guess you haven't heard of Sturgeons Law, so let me tell you about it : Sturgeons Law was named after the late great american SF-writer Theodore Sturgeon on a really bad day at work. After having to cope with umphteen interwiews the same day and getting the same un-intelligent questions from young reporters on how it feels to write in a genre, where all writing is 90% crap, Sturgeon cracked and retorted : "- Tell you what - 90% of EVERYTHING is crap!!!!!"

There's Sturgeons Law for you! ;):p:)

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
Really nice song & movie :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

That's reason enough for me...:):):)

Too bad that you can't vote for Slovenia since Sweden is in a different semi :(

Lets hope it gets to the final and then you can vote for it :praying:

Martinus

Reaction score
The only thing that made the ESC just about bearable was the commentary by Terry Wogan.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score

As they use to say: Shit happens...:(

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

Oh. Really? You can only vote if your country is in the semi-finale? Didn't know that since the Grand Prix (how decent people call it :D ) is not my first interest. :D I have heard the german entry once (in this thread) and totally forgot about it.

But too bad, that means I can't vote for Slovenia in the semi-finale either. :( :p

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Oh. Really? You can only vote if your country is in the semi-finale? Didn't know that since the Grand Prix (how decent people call it :D ) is not my first interest. :D I have heard the german entry once (in this thread) and totally forgot about it.

But too bad, that means I can't vote for Slovenia in the semi-finale either. :( :p

Yeah, it sucks doesn't it ? :(:(:(

Maybe we should start a protest movement : "- We wanna vote for Slovenia, you nationalist fucks !!!!!" :no::rofl: