• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest 2014

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I don't believe the UK will be as good, since the bets is very popular in the UK, their song might be overrated.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
I couldnt keep watching this show, not because of the music but because the lighting was so bad. The first purpose of stage lighting is to allow the audience to see the performers. All I was seeing tonight was a lot of willie waving about how much money we have spent on effects, that would be ok if now and then the lights stayed on the singers so I could watch them, but it didnt and so I couldnt.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Hehe, Uk 17th position. I knew it.
Germany: 18th position, knew that too. What a bad song but much worse is the usual "don't we have a good song before?" And why did Germany only give 7 points? What a SHAME!
Slowenia: What a terrible song. I didn't say it before but that is no suprise. That woman is scary.

Austria: Just great and I'm soo happy. :D

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
WOW!!!!
This was truly Conchita's night :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:
I didn't think I would get so moved and emotional, but damn:cheers:

ezekiel

Reaction score
I'm so happy for Conchita, this is a great message for Europe.
And my country is the worst : France 2 pts, last posititon :rofl::rofl:
I knew we would lose but i didn't think it would be so bad:rofl:.

S

smallsleepyrascalcat

Congratulations Austria. see you in Vienna 2015.

The Netherlands had the better song though, but Europe decided to kick some homophobic asses tonight.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
Not to forget: Conchita Wurst got five points from Russia.

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that if Tom was the one singing instead of Conchita he wouldn't have won.
I'm very glad that The Netherlands came second! (They deserved to win IMO).

Still I'm glad of Austria's victory because of obvious reasons, lol.

Also it is worth to say that Russia gave 5 points to Austria and it also was one of the acts most voted in Belarus, but the juries ranked it so low there that they didn't get any points from them...

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I would love to know if Germany's jury voted badly for it. Only seven points from Germany, what a SHAME! Yes, the Netherlands were nice but how boring would their victory have been?

I'm pretty sure that if Tom was the one singing instead of Conchita he wouldn't have won.

Yes, it was a whole concept and she deserved to win.

Plus it was an european vote for tolerance.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Not to forget: Conchita Wurst got five points from Russia.

And 12 from Slovenia!!! @gorgik: I always keep my promise. ;)

Plus it was an european vote for tolerance.

I totally agree! Congrats to Tom! :thumbs up:

austriaate.jpg

@Mario: I had fun last night. Hope you too! ;)

dsc037ouo.jpg

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
I read a bit about Tom. Funnily he came up with Conchita, when he tried his luck with some casting shows and they told him his voice would be too feminine. :D

clevelandjim

Reaction score
But of course politics have nothing to do with Eurovision, lol!! It was great to see the Ukraine beat out Russia. But the night belonged to Conchita, so take THAT Putin!

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score
As I've said: The german jury put Conchita on the 11th rank, while the voters put her on position 1.

I hope the jury gets a shitstorm for that. Last year the televoters voted for another group but because of the jury somebody else went to Whereever it was last year.

chech out here: http://anonym.to/http://www.eurovision.tv/page/results?event=1893&voter=RU

The juries should go I think.

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
@haiducii
Of course you kept your promise, I never thought you wouldn't :big hug:

And so did I, but to no avail...:p

Frankly, I'll have to say that Slovenian ESC voters are so much better than Slovenias ESC song...;););)

S

smallsleepyrascalcat

As I've said: The german jury put Conchita on the 11th rank, while the voters put her on position 1.

I hope the jury gets a shitstorm for that. Last year the televoters voted for another group but because of the jury somebody else went to Whereever it was last year.

chech out here: http://anonym.to/http://www.eurovision.tv/page/results?event=1893&voter=RU

The juries should go I think.

So the jury went with quality and not with a statement.

Sorry my dear but that's the reason why we have the juries.

And also the trophy. Why did Conchita get it? I remember the times when the trophy was given to the composer and the writer of the winning song, because that's what it's about and Rise Like A Phoenix was NOT the best song in the competition. The juries have to ballance the stupid popular vote. I remember the years when there was only the televote. Germany always gave 12 points to Turkey just because there are a lot Turkish people in Germany not being able to vote for good music, but only for Nationality. Therefore we need the juries.

warp9

Super Vip
Reaction score
I have to disagree. Rise Like A Phoenix WAS the best song in the competition. And the performance was just great. That is the reason, why Conchita won. And not because of a statement.

ihno

Daughter of Deuterium
Reaction score

So the jury went with quality and not with a statement.

Sorry my dear but that's the reason why we have the juries.

They all voted Denmark on place 1, the televoters went for rank 10. Where's the "quality" there exactly? What did the Germans miss?

And what about all those states that gave Wurst 12 points? Mathematically the juries of those states must have given her high votes or else she would have gotten 7 too. The swedish jury gave her 12 points f.e. How do you combine that with the concept of "quality". Well, they didn't have Sido, who knows things that nobody else does.

No, the juries are a backwardy concept of the 50s. They made it even worse: Last year the jury had 33%, now they have 50%.

It was the same last year, as I already said: Last year the "quality management" of Mary Roos and other highly qualified composers and music-expert even changed the final result. So not the popular vote but Cascada went to the ESC in Malmö(?). We landed on position 21 with "glorious" 18 points. Yeah, but with "quality".

And also the trophy. Why did Conchita get it?

Lena got one too. Your antipathy is obvious but that's not a reason to become unfair.

Therefore we need the juries.

I may be true with Germany and Turkey but there are 37 states participating. And if you look at the general "neighbour favor votes" you see that the national juries very often favor their neighbors just as the televoters do.

Oh and there's the rumour that Ajerbajan is bribing the juries of smaller countries to get their votes
http://anonym.to/http://www.indepen...ery-after-azerbaijan-allegations-8835367.html

Yeah, we really need the juries.

Last edited: