• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Windows 11

yoyo888

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Has anyone managed to play with Windows 11 yet?

From the prieviews I have seen on line it looks very MAC like.

I have found a ISO of it, and I have copied it to a USB stick. I will be taking it to work tomorrow and I will find an old laptop to install it on and see what it is all about.

I bet I will HATE it.

I want "Classic Mode" back, but Microsoft keeps telling me to move with the times. They dont cater for us "older generation who hate change"..LOL

YOYO

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Has anyone managed to play with Windows 11 yet?

From the prieviews I have seen on line it looks very MAC like.

I have found a ISO of it, and I have copied it to a USB stick. I will be taking it to work tomorrow and I will find an old laptop to install it on and see what it is all about.

I bet I will HATE it.

I want "Classic Mode" back, but Microsoft keeps telling me to move with the times. They dont cater for us "older generation who hate change"..LOL

YOYO

Older Gentlemen Who Hate Change!

That is me to a T.

yoyo888

Super Vip
Reaction score
Well got Windows 11 installed on a three year old laptop today.

Install went OK!

Once all installed and logged in.

Yer the start Button is in the Muddle down the bottom. Click the start button, and done really have any menus. Just "apps". You have to use the seacth box to go to the settings / control pannel.

I mean this is a pre release Beta probably. So probably loads missing.

But I HATE it..LOL

YOYO

gorgik9

Super Vip
Reaction score
Older Gentlemen Who Hate Change!

That is me to a T.

I guess I'm another elderly gentleman who hates change! ;)

Do I want 11 windows? I think the 10 I've got is enough!!! :rofl:

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score
I hope 11 is it. I cant count to 12.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
XP forever. Too much progress without benefit.

SWAGGA

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
the worst is:
being a windows guy most of life,then getting a job where everything is MAC! FML lol ive adapted, now when i get on my home desktop. i forget and try work like im on a mac. fml again. lol one day we can retire and lay on the beach and smoke lots and lots of weed.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I've got it running on a virtual machine. It's completely new, and yet still totally the same. Kind of like renovating your living room with new furniture, curtains and paint. It feels fresh, but it's still the same old familiar house.

And under the hood that is literally true - there is no difference (at this time) between the internals of Windows 10 and Windows 11. And that has to be good news - no new drivers will be required and all the printers, cameras, scanners, and USB-connected things that worked before will work the same in Win11. I remember when Windows Vista came out and suddenly I needed to scramble to find new updated drivers for my printers and stuff, or they wouldn't work. (Some never did.)

Most of what I have seen is fine, but not earth-shaking. Although the touch controls for tablet mode are much improved.

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
I hope that a free upgrade will be possible again, like from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Unfortunately no official information about it yet.

Windows 11 will be a free upgrade from Windows 10. It will just be like updating to one of the twice yearly service releases.

Except - not everyone will have the hardware needed to run it. Unless you bought your computer in the last two years, you probably can't run it. It requires the latest version of Intel's Trusted Security Platform (or AMD's equivalent), or it won't install. So, for some you will just have to wait and it will come on your next computer.

karlo2648

Reaction score
None of my computers will be able to upgrade to Windows 11. You need a very new computer to upgrade.

yoyo888

Super Vip
Reaction score
I forgot to attach the pic of the screen

Yer Win 11 needs a TPM 2 Chip in the hardware. And not many home systems will have that!

MS probbaly in bed with hardware manufacturers forcing people to upgrade their PC to use the new version of Windows. Terrible.

One word of warning. The tool MS had out there to test if your PC/laptop is compatible. Sometimes it tells you to reset the TPM protection chip in the BIOS. DONT do it! as if you have bit locker running on the syetem it trollys it unless you have the backup key. Person at work did and they cant get back into their laptop Windows 10 now. They have lost all their college work!

MS have pulled this tool now.

YOYO

topdog

Super Vip
Reaction score
...MS probably in bed with hardware manufacturers forcing people to upgrade their PC to use the new version of Windows.
YOYO

I believe the primary reason is that they are trying to jump past Intel's CPUs with security flaws that required a software patch that then crippled performance. Even as late as last year new ways to crack Intel's hardware instructions surfaced which makes locking down the boot process crucial to prevent hackers from gaining access to a system.

On another note - for me Windows 11 is an afterthought compared to what Microsoft is preparing to announce next week: Windows in the cloud. This will give you a full PC virtually that you can access from anywhere - your phone, a Macbook, or even an Linux computer. I think that is the real future of Windows. We'll see.