• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

Eurovision Song Contest 2013

Machor

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Farid is winning Eurovision Next Male Model poll

Farid Mammadov has spent the last 13 year honing his skills as a singer and that could propel him to the Song Contest top spot.

However, he is also a favorite in something that is much less well known, the contest to choose Eurovision’s new Top Male Model, leaving behind Cezar of Romania and Marco Mengoni of Italy.

Now&Forever

Reaction score
I want the top 5 to include :

Sweden
Malta
Hungary
Finland
The Netherlands

I predict :

Denmark
Norway
Ukraine
Azerbaijan
Greece

I haven't placed any bets yet. I'm going to go and make my choices now. I tend to go for hopeless outsiders, just in case a long shot surprises everyone (can't see it happening but you never know ?!)

W

wildchild

I love Georgia's song Waterfall !!!!!! I love the female and male power ballad. I would have loved it to be two males :p but I still love it none the less.

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
Serbia: Moje 3 (My 3) - Ljubav je svuda (Love is everywhere)

Dear Mario, I translated some parts of the song for you :)

''They say love does not exist,
but they lie, do not be afraid
I will wait for him every night
He will make some coffee
Am I crazy?
Love is everywhere''

La la la la la la la :p

Didn't they mention something about fish food as well? :rofl:
I have to admit though that this was my guilty pleasure of this year and would have loved to see them in the final, but they screwed up the act with those new costumes, they should have kept the devil/angel staging.

Waiting for the show to start :thumbs up: To all of you who can and will vote tonight: vote for songs and not for neighbouring countries :cheers:

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
I predict that the countries who might win are:

1. Denmark
2. Azerbaijan
3. Russia
4. Ukraine
5. Greece

Wowza, I got 4 out of five in the top 5 (Greece was actually 6th and Norway finished 4th) so I definitely must have considered betting, lol.

agqGE.jpg

My vote goes to Bonnie Tyler...with her singing she's the only one (yeah, and Marco too!:p) who really made an impression on me...I believe in her and she believes in me :)

I want the top 5 to include :

Sweden
Malta
Hungary
Finland
The Netherlands

I predict :

Denmark
Norway
Ukraine
Azerbaijan
Greece

I haven't placed any bets yet. I'm going to go and make my choices now. I tend to go for hopeless outsiders, just in case a long shot surprises everyone (can't see it happening but you never know ?!)

The oddmakers were right with their top 5 and you also got 4/5 Now&Forever. It seems like it was all said and done even before the show started.

BTW the winner was Emmelie de Forest with "Only Teardrops" from Denmark. See you next year in Copenhagen :D

Last edited:

Now&Forever

Reaction score
I really like the winning song. It wasn't my first choice but when it was top of the leaderboard, I was rooting for the winner to be either Denmark or Ukraine.

Three countries that I backed, (just about) reached the top 10 - Malta, Netherlands and Hungary. If only they'd been a few places higher, I'd have won some money ! Still, I'm happy for their places - top 10 is something to be proud of. I'm sure those entrants will get huge cheers and welcomes when they return home.

I also backed Finland. I was shocked me to see it pick up so few votes. It was the bet I had most faith in !

hanssolo

Reaction score
It's creepy that the predictions are right every year. This has the stink of manipulation all over it. I presume the expert jury might be responsible for that. Also, telling the people which song is probably going to win will change the way they vote (and this is unfair).
I noted that Azerbaijan always gets lots of votes and this puzzles me a lot...

...and why did the Irish song finish last? It was actually rather nice!

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
It's creepy that the predictions are right every year. This has the stink of manipulation all over it. I presume the expert jury might be responsible for that. Also, telling the people which song is probably going to win will change the way they vote (and this is unfair).
I noted that Azerbaijan always gets lots of votes and this puzzles me a lot...

It has a lot to do with the political voting and it was almost sure that Azerbaijan would get a really good placing with anything they had send since Turkey wasn't in the competition this year. But IMHO they deserved that place this year. The staging they had was something unique. They're trying each year to bring new things to the contest and then some other countries kinda copy what they did before (Moldova did almost the same thing that Azerbaijan did last year in Baku).

I agree that Ireland didn't deserve that place, it was one of my favorites as well.

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Esc 2013

It's creepy that the predictions are right every year.

:agree:

...and why did the Slovenian song finish last (in 1st semi final)?It was actually rather nice! :?

@ Mario: Thx...The show was great fun and I really enjoyed it. ;)

Machor

V.I.P Member
Reaction score
Farid Mammadov wins Marcel Bezencon Artistic Award!
Minutes before the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Content 2013 Farid Mammadov, Azerbaijani entry, wins Artistic Award from Marcel Bezencon. The award is given to the best artist as it is voted on by Eurovision commentators.

W

wildchild

The thing I hate about this contest is some of the politics involved in voting. I think it's quite disgusting and becomes this popularity schoolyard contest feeling - and growing up and being an outspoken individual myself it kind of reminds me of those associated feelings.

This years winner Denmark is ok, nice song but not my top picks. I think I'll look past all the politics and voting and just enjoy the music - some of which are really funny and usual, relatively and that's the reason why I watch it. Songs like Alcohol is Free is quite amusing and probably not something I'd hear often on Australian radio.

It was nice to see Australia get a personal mention on Eurovision too, that was pretty cool!

huggy

Reaction score
Didn't watch Eurovision as all the politics and the "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" does my head in but apparently Ireland came last. Sounds decent enough to me so I guess the others must have been shit hot,no?

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Proof of vote rigging by Azerbaijan

Azerbaijan got second place at ESC 2013, but apparently this wasn't an earned victory - more one that was paid for. :blushing:

LINK

I still don't know why the won with such a horrible song 2 years ago.
Well, now I know. :p

Mari0

Super Vip
Reaction score
Azerbaijan got second place at ESC 2013, but apparently this wasn't an earned victory - more one that was paid for. :blushing:

LINK

I still don't know why the won with such a horrible song 2 years ago.
Well, now I know. :p

I don't get it... Why would they want to win it so badly? Is not like they get money for winning this contest, in fact they would have to spend quite a lot of funds to host the contest again.

storme39

Reaction score
As one of the richest countries, i guess they can buy what they want!!