• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access.

By joining you will gain full access to thousands of Videos, Pictures & Much More.

Membership is absolutely FREE and registration is FAST & SIMPLE so please, Register Today and join one of the friendliest communities on the net!

You must be at least 18 years old to legally access this forum.
  • Hello Guest,

Thanks for remaining an active member on GayHeaven. We hope you've enjoyed the forum so far.

Our records indicate that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks. Why not dismiss this notice & make your next post today by doing one of the following:
    • General Discussion Area - Engage in a conversation with other members.
    • Gay Picture Collections - Share any pictures you may have collected from blogs and other sites. Don't know how to post? Click HERE to visit our easy 3-steps tutorial for picture posting.
    • Show Yourself Off - Brave enough to post your own pictures or videos? Let us see, enjoy & comment on that for you.
    • Gay Clips - Start sharing hot video clips you may have. Don't know how to get started? Click HERE to view our detailed tutorial for video posting.
    As you can see there are a bunch of options mentioned in here and much more available for you to start participating today! Before making your first post, please don't forget to read the Forum Rules.

Active and contributing members will earn special ranks. Click HERE to view the full list of ranks & privileges given to active members & how you can easily obtain them.

Please do not flood the forum with "Thank you" posts. Instead, please use the "thanks button"

We Hope you enjoy the forum & thanks for your efforts!
    The GayHeaven Team.
  • Dear GayHeaven users,

We are happy to announce that we have successfully upgraded our forum to a new more reliable and overall better platform called XenForo.
    Any feedback is welcome and we hope you get to enjoy this new platform for years and years to come and, as always, happy posting!

GH Team

What makes you sad today?

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
Not so much sad - more highly pissed off!

I was checking new shows on C4 (a tv station here in UK) and saw that they have uploaded some more foreign TV series to their streaming service. One of them caught my eye so I started watching the 1st episode but after only 5 mins or so my connection dropped and wouldn't come back up, but my laptop confirmed the wi-fi was still operating okay. I spent 10/15mins trying things but in the end I had to reset the smart hub and eventually the connection came back on the TV... but then of course I had to set the TV up from scratch again and that meant reset wi-fi password; Samsung account login info; and input e.mail account/passwords for all the TV streaming services before I could get back to actually watching something!!! Still haven't finished, tomorrow I will have to reset all preferences for sound; picture mode etc. ~X(~X(~X(~X

(

garth33

Super Vip
Reaction score
Not so much sad - more highly pissed off!

I was checking new shows on C4 (a tv station here in UK) and saw that they have uploaded some more foreign TV series to their streaming service. One of them caught my eye so I started watching the 1st episode but after only 5 mins or so my connection dropped and wouldn't come back up, but my laptop confirmed the wi-fi was still operating okay. I spent 10/15mins trying things but in the end I had to reset the smart hub and eventually the connection came back on the TV... but then of course I had to set the TV up from scratch again and that meant reset wi-fi password; Samsung account login info; and input e.mail account/passwords for all the TV streaming services before I could get back to actually watching something!!! Still haven't finished, tomorrow I will have to reset all preferences for sound; picture mode etc. ~X(~X(~X(~X

(

Remember the "good old days" when you could just jiggle the knob, bang the side of the tv or fiddle with the antennae??;)

OH WAIT you're doing the same thing now on a technological level:(X_X:)

Love ya buddy - I'd fiddle with your knob anytime!:blushing: GOOD LUCK!

peace

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
So I HAD a flight booked with Thomas Cook Airlines for my winter-sun fix... I say HAD because they went into liquidation in the early hours of this morning. All stores shut, all planes grounded, all staff now out of work and misery for hundreds of thousands of people who had flights or holidays already booked. . So I've had a fun day trying to sort out reclaiming the costs back from my credit card and working out alternative plans... ~X(~X(~X(

But I'm not the worst off, I'm very pissed off but I can deal with it. I've been hearing stories today of parents who have been saving up for ages and their small kids who have been mega-excited about going to Disney in Florida next week only to have to tell them that it's not happening. How do you tell a 7 year old his dream holiday to see Mickey Mouse etc is cancelled?

Last edited:

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
So I HAD a flight booked with Thomas Cook Airlines for my winter-sun fix... I say HAD because they went into liquidation in the early hours of this morning. All stores shut, all planes grounded, all staff now out of work and misery for hundreds of thousands of people who had flights or holidays already booked. . So I've had a fun day trying to sort out reclaiming the costs back from my credit card and working out alternative plans... ~X(~X(~X(

I hope you can get your money back ;)

slimjim

Super Vip
Reaction score
I should do - I e.mailed all the required paperwork to them today so it's wait and see.

As to me finding another ticket - well there's some disgraceful profiteering going on from other airlines/agents. There have been reports that a flight ticket to the greek island of Rhodes which cost just £280 had rocketed to £1000 after the announcement about Thomas Cook and also that a couple who had tickets to New York, bought from T. Cook at £799 were told that replacements (with Virgin & Delta) would cost £6118 :eek::eek:

Last edited:

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
That will be something I must admit to. The society is growing more rudely from year to year.
Sometimes I've the feeling we develop to a very, very selfish society.

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
]However far back in history we may care to go, there have always been the same complaints. Things today are not as good as they were in the good old days. People are not as nice today as I remember. They were saying the same in Ancient Greece and Rome. The Bible is full of horrible tales of wickedness. Shakespeare's characters can be amazingly inventive in their methods of being nasty to each other.
It's in the way the human mind works that we prefer to remember pleasant things and try to forget the unpleasant ones. Was Britain better before 1973? No, but those who want to turn back the clock were happier then because they were younger then, not because the world was a better place then.
But was Gay Heaven better five years ago? Or is that just me imagining that?
Cole Porter wrote this song in 1934, the names have all changed since then but the sentiment has not and never will.

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
]However far back in history we may care to go, there have always been the same complaints. Things today are not as good as they were in the good old days. People are not as nice today as I remember. They were saying the same in Ancient Greece and Rome. The Bible is full of horrible tales of wickedness. Shakespeare's characters can be amazingly inventive in their methods of being nasty to each other.
It's in the way the human mind works that we prefer to remember pleasant things and try to forget the unpleasant ones. Was Britain better before 1973? No, but those who want to turn back the clock were happier then because they were younger then, not because the world was a better place then.
Cole Porter wrote this song in 1934, the names have all changed since then but the sentiment has not and never will.
[/QUOTE]

:thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:
Great post! Thank you.

Last edited:

tonka

Super Vip
Reaction score

You are very wise, my friend.

Where I live, people are much more tolerant.

Tolerant of gay people, immigrant people, people with any type of difference.
The control by traditional social norms has melted away. In many ways, it's a grand thing. My life is better for it.

But also swept away are the norms of civility. Party all night while your neighbors can't sleep. Bring your cute little dog by to piss on my hedges and poop on my sidewalk. Break auto rear view mirrors at random because you're drunk and acting out.
The melting away of social norms has normalized behavior that is rude and inconsiderate.

End of my old man rant!!!

Shelter

Super Vip
Reaction score
You are very wise, my friend.

Where I live, people are much more tolerant.

Tolerant of gay people, immigrant people, people with any type of difference.
The control by traditional social norms has melted away. In many ways, it's a grand thing. My life is better for it.

But also swept away are the norms of civility. Party all night while your neighbors can't sleep. Bring your cute little dog by to piss on my hedges and poop on my sidewalk. Break auto rear view mirrors at random because you're drunk and acting out.
The melting away of social norms has normalized behavior that is rude and inconsiderate.

End of my old man rant!!!

No "rant" --- but the sad truth!!!! X_X~X(~X(X_X~X(

dargelos

Super Vip
Reaction score
Thankyou tonka, I really respect your opinion.
There are places in the world, no names here, where low level antisocial behavior of the type that you describe is never found. Places were everything and everybody is monitored so that nobody dares to say boo. Total obedience means total lack of freedom. I would rather be dead than live in a place like that. If dogshit and noisy parties are the price to pay for freedom, give me freedom. If you and me have freedom, which we use wisely, then all the ignorant twats are going to have to have it too. And use it not so wisely.

Jase

Reaction score
What really makes me sad today...
A longtime gaming forum (mainly The Sims) that I've been a member of for 10+ years is closing and it feels like I'm loosing a large part of my family. Super sad. :(

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Today it’s Black Friday and it really makes me sad to see how a simple 20% off sale can make some people behave like monsters. So much aggression and pushing.

That's really really sad how materialistic and animalistic people can be (at Black Friday). :(

haiducii

Super Vip
Reaction score
Shame on you, Aldi!!!

In the month of December, when most of newspapers by homeless people are sold, representing for many the only source of survival, Hofer (the operating name of the supermarket chain Aldi in Austria and Slovenia) decides to forbid selling them in front of their shops. Disgusting disgusting disgusting social cleaning, exposing the poorest to starvation.

Kralji Ulice (Kings of the Streeets) is a Slovenian humanitarian non-profit organisation promoting the social inclusion and destigmatisation of homeless people, established in 2005. The organisation strives to prevent homelessness and break down the social exclusion that homeless people face. The organisation unifies people and creates a sense of community.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know... :dreaming: